IGNORED

Is there a way to ignore entire forums?

Room 34

I've tried many times to discipline myself to just stay out of the Politics and Religion forum... but whenever I check new posts, I keep seeing things popping up in there that just beg me to get in there and get pissed off. I'm tired of it... but I still want to come here to read the other forums.

I recall a few people having talked about setting entire forums on "ignore," but I have not found a way to do that. Is it possible?

No way to do it with the current software, but with the forum software we'll be running (whenever it's released) you will be able to collapse individual sections so you don't see them. However, normal searches (such as a list of "active topics" since your last visit) will still show these hidden forums. I will likely write a mod for the new software that specifically allows you to "hide" individual forums so they are not visible unless you go out of your way to view them.

..Al

See, I knew I wasn't so atypical! I swear, it's like trying to not look a car crash as you pass it.

I really wish I didn't know what several people here think regarding religion and politics. I've got people on Ignore based solely on how retarded they've acted in that forum. Back in the old pre-Internet "Atari SIG" days, it seemed people took these kinds of conversations elsewhere. Oh well...

-Bry

I've got people on Ignore based solely on how retarded they've acted in that forum.

Oops! You said "retarded" and that is unenlightened and politically incorrect so I must now put you on ignore. Why do people have to post offensive things like that in the Web Site Comments Forum of all places? I am deeply offended and have soiled myself.

:P :D :lol:

No way to do it with the current software, but with the forum software we'll be running (whenever it's released) you will be able to collapse individual sections so you don't see them.  However, normal searches (such as a list of "active topics" since your last visit) will still show these hidden forums.  I will likely write a mod for the new software that specifically allows you to "hide" individual forums so they are not visible unless you go out of your way to view them.  

..Al

That sounds good. Been wanting something like that myself for a while.

While we're on the subject... Any chance we can get a new user ignore system too? I'm looking for a way to ignore all users except those on a do-not-ignore list.

It seems there are some people who post almost exclusively in non-video game related forums. Makes you wonder why they come here as opposed to some other generic forum.

:roll:

I came for the atari, posted in a OT forum, and have been stuck there since. :|