IGNORED

Arcades in Minnesota???

Centerice19

Hi all,

Im looking to buy an arcade. I live in Minnesota, in the twin cities area. Does anyone have a arcade they're looking to sell? Or does anyone know of places in Minnesota that sells arcades for good prices??

Thanks in advance!

-Megan

P.S-im not really looking for a specfic arcade. But i do like shooting and raceing games. But im open to pretty much anything that works!

I've been lookig at ebay for arcades, for a while now. But they always seem to go higher then i want, or there just junk. And right now i dont think there any arcade machines up that are located in MN....but ill keep checking daily.

Nukey Shay, thanks for the site. They are a lil pricey :) i mite check them out later, but i sent them an e-mail.

thanks all!

Ebay is suppose to switch to a new search by area method soon. What you will be able to do is put in your zip code and tell how far away you want to go. This will be nice because since I live in Northwest Indiana, I don't even try to use the search by area. I live between too many (Chicago, Indy, Milwaukee, Grand Rapids, MI) and most end up being on the opposite side of the area.

Thanks for the Fridley location site. Ive seen there ad in the paper, and i called them a while back, and they do have some arcades for kinda good prices, but they always sell out right away!!

I mite have to check them out in person soon :)

Thanks again!

-Megan

P.S- Do you have any arcades? ---Nukey Shay

So, are you gonna use it for the original game or MAME it?  Neo Geo?

Well...i bought that big book on making your own arcade, and it seems so fun to do it. But i dont think id be able to, so if i get an arcade, id use it for the orignal game. Im a HUUUGGGEEE spider-man freak ( just 1 more day til the 2nd movie comes out) so im really interested in getting the spiderman arcade, but i doubt anyone has it, that lives in Minnesota at least.

I havent seen any arcades in my classified ads. Theres just pool tables :( But ill keep looking!

The guy is pretty cool. He'll let you walk in whenever they're open and play whatever you want. Mainly I saw a lot of pinballs. He has a lot of great finds too. The last time I was in he had a Pac Man Pinball machine and a Indiana Jones Pinball. Pretty cool stuff!

So, are you gonna use it for the original game or MAME it?  Neo Geo?

Well...i bought that big book on making your own arcade, and it seems so fun to do it. But i dont think id be able to, so if i get an arcade, id use it for the orignal game. Im a HUUUGGGEEE spider-man freak ( just 1 more day til the 2nd movie comes out) so im really interested in getting the spiderman arcade, but i doubt anyone has it, that lives in Minnesota at least.

I havent seen any arcades in my classified ads. Theres just pool tables :( But ill keep looking!

It really is not that hard at all (but then again, this is coming from a guy who loves doing these things) Just gut it, add a computer, monitor, take apart a keyboard and solder the buttons to it. It will take a bit of time, but it's worth it (well, it would be, but I never did it so I don't know)

Check out this site:

http://www.classicgaming.com/vcsp/board/To...le=Hack+Central

I also can direct you to a program that changes the Windows startup picture to something else (including one for MAME) if you have Win2k or XP.

I've seen ads for games placed under TV's/stereo equipment, pool tables, computers, musical instruments, antiques, in addition to the video games header...so you might need to comb it a bit when one shows up. The thrifty section as well (but those would probably be non-working machines...good candidates for MAMEing).

A quick search with Google shows a number of people looking for a Spiderman...so you'll have some competition getting one.

good luck!

Man, i need to get busy! First i gotta decide if i wanna make a MAME or just get 1 arcade machine....tuff desicions! :)

Making a MAME arcade looks awesome! and then you can play tons of games instead of just 1, and i bet my dad would have fun helping me out....hmmmm...

Thanks for the Mr. Pinball site, i mite post a wanted ad and see what i get...

Well im off to do some more searching!

Thanks again!

If you are considering building, check out http://www.arcadecontrols.com

If you want a multi-arcade machine but want it to be totally accurate, look around for a Jamma harness. Last I checked, some people at the above link will build a working one for around $200 (game PCB's and cabinet not included)...and the PCB's sometimes go for prices as low as modern software.

If you do MAME, you should do Neo Geo, too. Those games are extremely fun. If you want, you should download an emulator for both of them. Get the latest version of MAME at mame.net and the NeoRageX emulator. For NeoGeo, Metal Slug is a must play :)

Don't forget, if you need any help, send a PM (I never did it, but I considered it for a while, and did quite a bit of research)

If i make a MAME arcade...i could make it into like a spiderman cabinet if i wanted too, then have a bunch of different games, instead of just the 1 right, but then also have the spiderman game on it? theres like ROMS of it right?

That way id get the spider-man arcade feel, and a bunch of different games!! lol...

Any tips on doing this, besides just the basic MAMEing stuff....

(if that makes any sense, lol)

rom-world.com doesn't have spiderman, and they seem to have them all. You could get Spiderman ROMs for another system (they should have a sega one around there somewhere) and ask yourself if it's really worth it to spend extra and only have one game just because it is a game you really like, when you could have many games instead, and probably at a cheaper price.

Also, with the new movie coming out, prices for Spiderman stuff, probably including arcades, will skyrocket due to higher demand.

With a Mame cab, you can put in as many game roms as Mame supports. But it wouldn't take place of "the real thing". For example, there's still a few issues with Spiderman running on Mame .63 (AFAIK, the real game uses Sega System32 hardware...so performace is probably going to be the worst one in Mame. Anyone confirm?).