IGNORED

Impossible Mission question

Shaggy the Atarian

Nah... found it fairly easy to complete. Even though Agent 4125 doesn't jump as well as the C64 version.

Having said that, this is someone who has played the C64 version to death and has beaten it in under 20 minutes :D

Yeah, the game is actually kinda easy when it actually works! The C64 version is way better than the 7800 overall.

To answer your question Shaggy, the PAL version of the game is fixed. And there was an NTSC version of the game released but in very limited quantities.

Yeah, the game is actually kinda easy when it actually works! The C64 version is way better than the 7800 overall.  

To answer your question Shaggy, the PAL version of the game is fixed. And there was an NTSC version of the game released but in very limited quantities.

So fixed NTSC version was released? Interesting. I'd like to get that but if it was a limited release I imagine just stumbling across one must be pretty hard. Thanks for the information :)

I remember playing it and not being able to finish it on the 7800. I had no problem finishing the C64 version. I also remember Atari printing one the fan letters asking about it, and all they said was that you could finish it. My thought to Atari was 'let's see you do it then.' :razz:

Jeff

No, a fixed 7800 NTSC Impossible Mission was never relesed on cart, either by Atari or Atari7800.com. Burning the ROM posted earlier in this thread to cart or playing it on a CC2 is your best bet, assuming of course that it was fixed correctly which I don't think has been verified yet.

The PAL 7800 version is beatable but not playable on NTSC 7800s.

Mitch

If I had my 7800 here I'd settle this matter once and for all. But then again, I could never beat it on my Apple IIe either.

Will someone bite the bullet and figure out if this has been fixed?

Tempest

what emulator does the fixed Rom run on?

MESS 0.83 won't run it but Ialso have to pull the 7800 from the "All systems" because something is slightly glitchy with my 7800 bios 7800.rom -> it always warns me that the games might not play because of a checksum error.

I can't seem to get it to work with the emulator I'm using (EMU7800)... Is there any sort of trick to get this thing up and running?  :?

I don't have a 7800 emulator set up right now, but that rom works fine on the CC2, so it should work on the emulator, but I can't tell you why it won't.