IGNORED

New version of z26

Eckhard Stolberg

I'm not sure if anyone here feels like continueing with this type of discussion today, but if any of you prototype owners feel like sharing some screenshots of your rare gems with us, I'd like you to know that we have improved the screenshot support in z26 for you now. You can get the newest version of z26 here.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

Eckhard, your emulator kicks mighty ass... because it's so fast (even on my P166!) and easy to use, I almost never play 2600 games on anything else. My only complaint about Z26 was that I couldn't take multiple pictures of games and it looks like you've taken care of that as well. Most excellent!

JR

I also noticed that Desert Falcon seems to have a few minor problems with Z26 (all versions). When you destroy the 1st Sphinx, the game hangs for a second. On subsequent rounds, the screen colors are all wrong (on the 4th level, you are nearly invisible!). If you play past the 1st level, and reset the game, the colors will be black & white.

?

Matt:

Yes, I believe I have your prototype ROMs. Unfortunately some of the more interesting ones seem to be bad dumps. But if you like you can post screenshots of the others on your website now.

Christian:

Sorry, but I don't quite understand what you mean with your PC programming question. But the source code for z26 is available at the site mentioned above. Maybe you can find something usefull in there.

Scott:

The new ROMs are just the Degital Press version of Video Life and some NTSC/PAL variations of already supported games.

The problem with Desert Falcon seems to have somthing to do with the automatic PAL detection. It seems that the game does some frames longer than normal, which makes the emulator believe that it is a PAL game. Untill we fix this problem, you can enforce the right TV type with the -c0 command line switch. When you use it, z26 will not try to autodetect the game.

As for the other requested features, I'm not sure we'll try this anytime soon. We are currently still doing too many internal changes between the versions, so a state save feature might suffer from incompatible file formats. And the chating feature would probably require a lot of new code for the user inputs, and I'm not sure if John or I have enough time for that right now.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg