IGNORED

Beastie Boys and Atari

donkeykong1

thats too funny, I was just listening to 'to the 5 boroughs' during my workout last night and getting a real kick out of the guy reading the defender instructions.

Did anybody ever figure out where this is from? Its clearly a sample from something. Its totally whack, though. :D

THat's pretty cool.

It reminds me of the last Rush Concert I went to.  They had some dryers going with clothes in em.  And several times during the show, a stang hand would have to come out and put more quarters in the dryers to keep em going.

I actually wrote about that tour in my book (see my avatar), and the roadies had a few fun stories about the dryers, so here's a sidebar all about them from the Rush chapter:

A DRYER SENSE OF HUMOR

On the Vapor Trails tour, the only things funnier than clothes dryers sharing the stage with a serious Prog Rock band like Rush were the road stories the prominent appliances caused. Here are a few tales from various unidentified crewmembers :

"Usually I tell people they’re the bass chorus--that or they’re the Leslie cabinets."

"They are the most important part of the whole show. Absolutely. Last night, someone in the audience had a huge banner that said, 'We want our laundry back!' They’re taking on a life of their own."

"In New Jersey, I had a stagehand who asked me straight up if someone had built the dryers to go around Geddy's amplifiers; she thought they were somehow integrated into the amplifiers. I said, 'Yeah, you’re right--and you’ve got to put quarters in them to keep them going. That’s my gig during the show.' She says, 'What a waste of quarters--wait, what happens if it stops in the middle of the show?' She really thought if the quarters ran out...."

"I had a good one yesterday. One of the house staff asked, 'Hey man, what’s the three dryers do?' Well, it’s a double flange. 'What's that?' You take two separate sound sources and you create a mono tunnel in the third one. 'Oh, okay, yeah.'"

(Umm, while I'm at it, Crank It Up is available at Amazon if you're curious)

Man, the Beastie Boys used to be my favorite, but the new album hurt me BAD. There's some hot tracks on it, but for the most part it's like they're characatures of their old selves. And there's ome real corny stuff... and not corny on purpose.

Like that chorus "who's got a power to make a difference? Who's got the power to make a change? YOU got the power to..." I mean, I'm down with the message but it's WAY too campy and reminds me of something that belongs on Kids, Inc.

And why does the world need another hip-hop song that samples "Rapper's Delight"/"Good Times?"

I'd also like to add that the Beastie Boys are all super mini. I got to meet them and hang out with them once and I was totally taken aback by how little they were. I was like 16, 5'6" and about 130 lbs. at the time and none of them were bigger than me. It was weird. It's probably because in all their videos the camera is at knee level...

Somebody should send them a Synthcart.

I did see a video where they were kidnapped by a sasquatch, and taken back to his cave, where he cooked them food, they did areobics, and played Activision "Boxing" one of my favorite games.

Boxing?? Are you sure? The version of that video (for "Triple Trouble") shows them playing PONG with Sasquatch.

-PongHit

I did see a video where they were kidnapped by a sasquatch, and taken back to his cave, where he cooked them food, they did areobics, and played Activision "Boxing" one of my favorite games.

Boxing?? Are you sure? The version of that video (for "Triple Trouble") shows them playing PONG with Sasquatch.

-PongHit

Your probably right I think I'm getting it mixed up with another video, or something. Now that I think about it I think I saw just a boxing screen shot in some video, it wasnt a wide angle shot of somebody playing like the BB video . Its gona bug me that I cant remember where I saw it.