IGNORED

Atari 2600 JR Fuzziness

Adonick

Hey all, I managed to get my Atari 2600 Jr (long rainbow) working, but it comes in clear only if you press the outgoing RCA cord up, like prop a cart underneath the plug near where it plugs into the unit.

Any idea whether this is the cord or the port, and if it is the port, how I might go about fixing it?

Yours,

Nick

If the cable comes off easy. Then it is probably the RCA connector. I had the same problem with mine. I used a very small screwdriver the same kind you can use to open-up a watch. You need to bend the two half round metal tabs inside the RCA connector a little.

I had my Jr already opened up for a VDO MOD so I did it at the back side of the RCA connector where the tabs are easier to access. But you might try it first at the front of the RCA connector without opening your Jr first. Shine a bright light into the RCA connector and look for the half round tabs at each side. Bend them a little at the top of each tab where you can see the (white) plastic.