IGNORED

Are Colecovision manuals all cheap looking?

I enjoy collecting 2600 and 5200 manuals because they are generally well-made and colorful. I don't collect 7800 manuals because they tend to be black/white and pretty boring and cheap looking. I have a few Colecovision manuals and they reming me of 7800 manuals. My TRS-80 CoCo manuals are much better looking than the Colecovision manuals I have. The Colecovision games are great, but I may pass on collecting the manuals and just copy those I need off the internet. However, there are few pictures of Colecovision manuals on the Internet, so I may be wrong about them. Are they all sorta cheap looking or do I just have a few bad examples?

Thanks,

RG

P.S. What other classis sytems have cheap looking with few colors vs. colorful well-made manuals??

Coleco made most of the manuals for their ColecoVision, Intellivision, and Atari 2600 games with the same kind of look to them -- using blue for the ColecoVision manuals, red for the Atari 2600 with the exception of Smurf Rescue, and green for the Intellivision. The only one I know that deviates from this standard design is Root Beer Tapper for ColecoVision's "tavern menu" foldout instructions, which I thought was appropriate.

Thanks for the answers. I don't think of Colecovision boxes, labels, or products as cheap at all, but I guess they decided not to focus on manual art or quality at all. The Colecovision's chief competition, the 5200, had much nicer manuals. I wonder why Coleco de-emphasized them?