IGNORED

SNES arcade stick?

Oh, I was taking photos of all my spare stuff to sell/trade with a local contact today, this is one of many photos I took.

Nothing rare or unusal in that lot.

Sega Mega CD mk2

Amstrad GX 4000

novex console (tatty blue box)

Cheetah bug jostick

ascii pad

Quickshot IX joyball

NES Advantage

NES wireless controllers

NES extenstion cables

Grandstand "adam family console"

Lethal Enforcers box set Megadrive

Lethal Enforcers box set Mega CD

Around the early 90's, Capcom released the "Capcom Street Fighter Arcade Stick". It was made in a jet black plastic and had the capcom logo at one corner. The stick made that clicking sound when you pressed it against a direction. The buttons where laid out like the ones in SF arcade. It had the usual select and start buttons but it also had a 3-speed, button-assignable turbo settings. The stick would come with two cables for playing with your NES or SNES.

Now that sounds like an awesome stick! Love the idea of a NES & SNES cable on there together.

That is qctually quite simple since SNES and NES uses the same design, just 4 extra buttons for SNES. SNES controller can work directly with NES simply by changing the plug. NES could work but it wouldn't be useful since most games uses at least one of the extra buttons not found on NES controller.

I had two SNES sticks in the early 1990's and they were mainly for SF2.

I had:

*JB King (Japanese)...typical Japanese joystick with the customary stubby stick and tiny buttons. If you've played any Nintendo coin-op or PlayChoice10, then you've used these oddly small components. Great stick though.

However, the BEST SNES stick EVER was the

*C&L Joystick. It was a large cycolac plastic box with an ACTUAL microswitched HAPP arcade joystick and genuine arcade buttons (complete with the clicky Cherry Microswitches!). It cost $69.99 and was worth EVERY penny. EGM did a small review of this particular stick as well. For all intents and purposes you had the true arcade experience at home with this joystick...never before had there been a joystick using real arcade parts released for any US home console. I believe a Genesis version came out later. The C&L Products stick was only available through mail order and at some select EB and other game stores. They didn't keep many in stock and those who knew their stuff bought and held onto these coveted accessories. Capcom's stupid joystick couldn't hold a candle to these!