IGNORED

Almost finished Double Dragon

bcprs1

Yes, I am one of the few, the proud, the absolutely crazy to try to beat Double Dragon for the 2600. As we all know, Double Dragon has some of the worst controls of any 2600 game. What makes matter worse is that the second you try to attack, you get the crap kicked out of you before you can even react. The other day, I hooked up my old P133 just to clear it out before I try to sell it or, now a days, give it away. Low and behold I still had PCAE on there and I started going through some of the games I had on it. One thing I immediately noticed was that the games ran a little slower on the emulation than on the 2600. I started playing DD and found that the slight speed difference helped a lot because it gave you some time to react. Before I knew it, I actually cleared a screen without losing a life. Then, something that I have never been able to do, I made it past the first level. After playing the game a few more times, I started figuring out some combinations that helped beat an enemy a lot quicker (I hope to post these combinations soon). Before I knew it I made it to the final level but I have yet to complete it. If I get the time, I want to post some screen shots of the later levels because I doubt that most people have seen them. I'm hoping to finish the game this week. I know that the emulation is technically cheating, but at this point I want to get the monkey off my back and this game out of my life.

[ 09-25-2001: Message edited by: Secret Quest ]

wow, i usually get mad when i try to beat it.. level 2 midway is my record.. strange you bring up trying to beat double dragon, i am also trying to beat a martial arts based game in kung fu master. I hope you beat it, and are able to give us views of the latter levels, as well as stratigies to actually not get your ass kicked

Why bother with frame-rates..You realize PCAE has save states right? you could have saved your game right there at the final level and played through it as much as you wanted any time you wanted.. Taking screen shots as you please.

Using save states works mighty fine in finishing/investigating the depths of many a 2600 game. Heck that's how I finished HERO ;P

(no flaming about it being "cheating" please heheh)