IGNORED

Sears Picture Label Rarities need an overhaul

sku_u

Is it just me, or are most of the rarity listings for the Sears picture labels way off? I've definitely found them much harder to find than their rarity listings in most cases.

I was also wondering about the Telegames section? Some of those games are listed as existing as NTSC carts that don't as far as any collectors I've asked know of.

I agree that some of the Sears Picture label rarities need adjusting, but I doubt we could all agree on which carts and what rarities. I know I haven't agreed with many of the candidates put forth for potential reassignment in previous discussions of this topic. Actually, I believe some Sears Picture labels should be dropped in rarity. Ultimately, however, I think only 1 or 2 (maybe 3) carts are so out-of-whack that they need adjusting...Asteroids tops my list.

I thought the final word on this, was that Sears pic labels are a regional phenomenon. Around here, they are as common as most text label Sears games (meaning I can find most all of them at any time). Whereas for people in other areas they are pretty rare.

In the end the two extreme balance each other and the rarities are about right, if not a tad bit low.

I know we have danced this dance before.... :)

I thought the final word on this, was that Sears pic labels are a regional phenomenon.  Around here, they are as common as most text label Sears games (meaning I can find most all of them at any time).  Whereas for people in other areas they are pretty rare.

In the end the two extreme balance each other and the rarities are about right, if not a tad bit low.

I know we have danced this dance before.... :)

Cool, find me one of those common picture label Superman carts. :ponder:

An overlooked rarity 10. ;)

I think Stan is probably right, and in the case of picture label Superman, I think a limited regional release may explain it's rarity. Or perhaps picture label Superman was only a promo release for store demos or something of that nature.

How many copies of picture label Superman are known to exist? I only know of the one that sold on eBay about 2 years ago.

I'm certainly open for adjusting some of the Sears picture label rarities. I know some of them are pretty difficult to find. I believe I have most of them myself, but I acquired them through trades or eBay, not including the really common ones that I may have found when I started collecting (back when I could actually find carts in the wild.. )

..Al

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=8117589453 :ponder: I know this isn't the Auction forum, but this one just ended a couple of hrs. ago Sears Asteroids pic label in there. I emailed the seller and they confirmed it. I forgot to bid :x Anyway, I brought this subject up before about the Sears Pic label carts. Among the hardest to find IMO are Asteroids, Basketball, Gunslinger(Near freakin impossible) & of course Superman. Canyon Bomber is another one that is pretty tough to get. Hey Stan, if these are so easy to find in your area, do me a favor and find any that I just listed. :P BTW I've only seen Breakaway IV once & I grabbed it! :D Another thing about these is a few of these came with different color text (Pacman (Orange &yellow),Yars Revenge (Red & Orange), & Defender (Red & Orange) come to mind at the moment. Can we recognize these in rarity as well? :ponder:

I've seen a few Breakaway IV's lately, but the labels were in rough shape.

I see LOTS of Race, Defender, Space Invaders, etc.

I've seen a Canyon Bomber (and at the time passed as I did not realize it was anything special, erg) and a Basketball, (had no idea that was anything hard to find, I'll have to keep a lookout), but no Asteroids that I can recall. And other than the Superman that keeps my door open and the one that keeps my drink from putting a ring on the coffee table, I've NEVER seen one of those or Gunslinger(and that one I AM looking for). :)

Don't know who's been pulling your leg ol' friend, but I don't have a Sears pic label Superman. The reason it's not on my want list is that I've concluded getting one is probably a million-to-one shot, since in 4 years of hunting and 3 years of going to cons I've never seen one in person.

I does exist, I know who owns one of them.  :sad:

Either way dude, it's not me! :equally sad:

Well, then it should be on your want list. :P

Although, it isn't on mine. :ponder:

* hides *

He doesn't have it on his want list because he bought a warehouse full of them and is planning on releasing them one at a time to maximize profit. :mad: :mad: :grin: :P

all i could find in my collection from  

Asteroids  

Basketball  

Poker Plus  

Superman  

was poker plus pic label

Geez, you're always buying games and if that's all you've got then I definitely think we need to update the rarity of Sears carts! :P :) C'mon Al, Alex, whoever's in charge of the rarity guides, make us happy campers! :D :P