IGNORED

I HAVE PROOF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie_

I agree... this is a conspiracy. Everyone knows that children these days don't have enough of an attention span (even after their bottle-and-a-half of ritalin) to actually enjoy anything this old and crappy. Hell, *I* hardly have enough of an attention span for some of this!

--Zero

i can fully understand that. i can't cope with most new games .... i sold my playstation after 3 months cause you spend just too much time on it. when i was in an arcade center in hamburg (europe's biggest) i checked all the crazy new 3D turbobass games with rotating seats and tons of effects and gadjets, but at the end, i spent 3 hours to play "1941", one of my favorite arcade games ... then another hour on an original centipede.

BTW, i don't remember the name of the "1941"-variation where you fly with helicopters.

but if you're into that, go to hamburg on the reeperbahn in this arcade center. they have a real helicopter hanging from the roof, with two arcade sticks and buttons on the front, and you play on a giant videobeamer. that's reaaaallly coooool!!!!!!

Is that even a joystick he's holding? Looks like a paddle. Yeah, this whole scenario seems set up..

Forget about being unhappy when he plays it - just wait until he actually *sees* and *hears* it. Better yet, put up pictures of both the VCS version and the arcade version. Then tell him which one he's stuck with.

I believe this picture is the defining moment just before we all realized exactly what we were stuck with....

Haha..Thanks for the observations guys. I posted it to be funny and see what you guys would say. When he was sitting there laughing I ran for the digital camera. :-)

Truth is, he does love pacman for the VCS. If you notice in the picture his score is 1 I think (you get a point cause you eat a dot without moving...?) however you will notice he only has 1 life left. All hes doing is starting a game and letting the ghost come down to get him. At this point he laughs. :-)

He does play the game a lot, but for some reason enjoy getting caught by the ghosts. He's just turned 4 and when the ghosts gets him he laughs and says "oh no, they got me!"

On the floor there is Jr. Pacman and Ms. Pacman. He's a true pacman fan. His favorite version is the NeoGeo Pocket version.

And that's not a paddle he's holding. It's a Sega Genesis pad in the Gemini. :-)

Charlie