IGNORED

Paris Attack

ren.dhark

Actually, they look like the Pirated carts, either called Cooper Black or Taiwan A in the rarity books.

I kind of started collecting them:

http://www.atari2600.net/aspDisplayPicture...TFMrPostman.jpg

http://www.atari2600.net/aspDisplayPicture...nBobbyFront.jpg

http://www.atari2600.net/aspDisplayPicture...rateDKFront.jpg

Later,

Joel D. Park

I have a number of carts in that style, and I don't know who to attribute them to. It seems to be an unknown, unlicensed Taiwanese company.

Also, I wouldn't call them Cooper Black. That was a descriptive term someone came up with to describe the color of the end label. However, there are many games that use that same generic end label that I don't think should be lumped together (incorporating many different companies). In many cases, the only way to tell exactly what company it came from is if you have the box. Although in this case, even that doesn't completely answer the question.

Hi guys,

To my knowledge the picture is as follows.

Quelle sold at least five types of Atari 2600 games:

• German titles, serial numbers like 123.456.7 and Quelle credited on the manual, e.g. Die Ente und der Wolf

• Double-Game Packages, one regular and one short case in one box, English titles, very simple instruction sheets in English and German, e.g. My Way / Mr.T

• "regular" pirates, English titles, boxes in several colors with three stripes on top, short or regular case, e.g. World End. These were also sold in England and Holland.

• "regular" pirates, German titles, short case, boxes in several colors with three stripes on top, e.g. Wachroboter Jagt Jupy

• pirate-previously-known-as-Starsoft, German titles, case with infamous S.S. on the back, Quelle-like boxes but different type of serial number, e.g. Super Ferrari

Confusing? Hell yeah! Don't forget, Quelle is a store, not a real manufacturer like Imagic. More like a big supermarket with its own brands.

I bet Quelle sold even more different games. I'm still trying to figure out who sold the Bit, Puzzy and "Video Game Programm" carts in Germany.

Any of the German collectors remember what it was like to go into a Quelle store in the eighties?

Cheers,

Marco

PS: ren.dhark, looks like someone in the UK found some new-old-stock of those pirates

Quelle was(is) mainly selling by catalog, but they also had(have) stores.

I still have an Atari 2600 related page, torn out of one of their old catalogs lying arround. If somebody is interested (I think it's not very useful) I could try to scan and post it.