IGNORED

ATARI

Elvis8Atari

I have a hard time choosing which game is my favorite... in fact, some of the games that I enjoy the most are games that I don't even have yet (Though my lack of money is the reason). My usual favorites are Enduro, Dark Chambers, Secret Quest, Pitfall 2, and Solaris. Runners-up include Cosmic Ark, Video Pinball, and Circus Atari.

Why are they my favorite games? Well, it's hard to say really... I'm inclined to say simply "Because they're fun", but I guess that's a pretty crappy reason, right? For games like Pitfall 2, Dark Chambers, and Cosmic Ark... I can simply just keep playing them over and over and they just don't get old... the others I can play over and over and keep sucking at them, yet still keep getting slightly better each time I play. These two reasons seem to be a theme for why I enjoy playing the games I do.

As for my favorite gaming experience, well, it's not really a gaming experience, but more of a collecting experience. For a long time before I had a 2600, I had been wanting one. At the time I had been having nasty insomnia (much like I've been having lately), and the idea came to me of having an Atari by my bed for something to do when I couldn't get to sleep (Yeah, I knew it wouldn't put me to sleep any better... but at least I'd have some fun). Why did I choose the Atari? Well, I suppose it was because it had the best range of classic games... not matter how impressive games get, when I think video games, I think of Combat, Frogger, Missle Command, and the like.

Anyways, back on track: I spent the next few months trying to find an Atari... looking through thrift stores, garage sales, and even asking friends who might have one sitting in their basement collecting dust. It got to the point where I was pessimistically plodding through the thrift stores, knowing damn well I was never going to find one. I walked along the shelve that usually held Nintendo's and other electronics when I noticed something black and mostly square. I must have been thinking of something else at the time, because I didn't recognize what it was at first. Then I noticed the silver switches and woodgrain, and I was in love I immediately bought it and all the Atari games that I found in the store (Which happened to be Donkey Kong and E.T... it's a good thing that I didn't base my impressions on these carts alone), and hooked it up right next to my bed, like I had always wanted.

Hopefully, I'll have similar stories regarding the NeoGeo, Odyssey, and Vectrex

--Zero