IGNORED

Still waiting for Adventure II...

Susuwatari

Put me on the list to buy one. I will not be able to travel to Austin or Oklahoma. I miss the CinciClassic. From the Adventure II wed site it looks pretty cool. I cannot remember, I hope the game will be different each time like on game three of Adventure. It seems to be a great game for a sequal.

Now that I have a working 5200 (not the controllers, of course!) i've gotsa get me one of them Adventure II carts! It was pretty damn impressive when I played it at AGE last year. I'll need to buy a Redemption joystick adapter, first.

Yes, I thought I'd be done by now, but frankly Adventure II isn't done yet for two reasons:

1. I didn't anticipate being so busy in my personal life. Last summer, my wife got injured (back problems) and I've had to do many more tasks every day for over a year now. She is better now but still not able to do some things (like go grocery shopping) that many people take for granted. Couple that with work, kids, family, house maint, and having time to just relax .. and my Adv II coding time suffers.

2. The bar has been raised with recent homebrews and .. well, this friendly competition has made me want to improve a few things with Adv II. I won't release the game until I am satisfied with it.

If you think I've been too quiet, let me know. I can post more frequent updates & stuff. The plan (and it is not 100% guaranteed, but probable) is that the game will be done by September for the show(s). Even if by chance I slip, it won't be much longer. :)

I hope the game will be different each time like on game three of Adventure.

Yep. In the original Adventure, you got Game 1 (easy maze) and Game 2 (big maze). Game 3 was big maze but random locations of items.

In Adventure II, there will be several different sized mazes, all constructed around basically 4 kingdoms. Some of the screens were designed like jigsaw puzzle pieces, so we shift screens around in some games to give different mazes. Concerning item placements, currently they are are never in the same location every time you play regardless of which Game Option you choose. However, I purposely don't put game items so incredibly far apart that you have to backtrack all the time. The troll, when he steals items, always hides the items in the same general viscinity (or kingdom) where he stole it from. Thus if he steals your sword after you've crossed into the 4th Kingdom (the Dark Kingdom), you will know that the sword is hidden somewhere within that same kingdom and not back on (gasp) screen 1.

I also put in checkpoints for after you've been eaten so you don't have too many screens to backtrack on. (I don't want to punish the player by making them backtrack too much).

With these combinations, plus the way the dragons, troll, and other character think & act, I hope that you'll get a new experience everytime you play. And it will be a while before you've seen every screen and every scenario.

Last summer, my wife got injured (back problems)

:sad: I'm sorry to hear that Ron. It's nice to hear she's doing better.

The bar has been raised with recent homebrews and .. well, this friendly competition has made me want to improve a few things with Adv II.   I won't release the game until I am satisfied with it.

:thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
Maybe we'll all be real lucky and be playing this game in time for Christmas! <woohoo>

I'd be very disappointed myself, if I didn't get it done by then. It's getting close. Check the development site for more info of the game's status, in fact I just updated it a few days ago:

http://cafeman.www9.50megs.com/atari/5200d...Adventure2.html

Please for the LOVE of GOD take as much time as you need to make this game the RIGHT way.... it just better be good when it comes out.

We've waited nearly 25 years for an Adventure sequel, I think we can wait a few more months. That is definately one of the most beautiful games I've seen on the 5200. Congrats on such a good job.

Justin