IGNORED

Ghostbusters and River Raid with white label?

Decurion

I have Ghostbusters and River Raid from Activision, both with white labels.

I just checked the AtariAge site to see what rarity rating they had but these games dont seem to be listed with white text-only labels.. also the carts look a little different than the ones made by Activison that are displayed on the site and there is no label at the end of the cart (where the label is supposed to be there is a blunt edge).

Other than that the boxes look just like the normal ones (which are displayed on the site).

They are both PAL versions and I dont think they are fake cause I bought them about 10 years ago in one of the biggest toy chains in Norway.

Has anyone else seen these games with white labels and if so do you know if they are rare or not?

that's fine, you have an "official" re-release from salu entertainment, surely in PAL. they were distributed by HES in australia and germany, by telegames in the UK .... they also released ghostbusters 2. The casings though are very low-quality and tend to block when trying to insert them in the VCS.

these were sold here with the original boxes or in the vinyl packs in australia (some in germany too, but it seems only the epyx titles and ghostbusters over here)

othere were produced (also imagic titles) that actually had the original activision case. these case with white labels here in germany, with black labels in the UK (and possibly in france) and finally with blue labels in usa.

i believe it's the same kinda thing as these 83 ataricarts with 88 labels, that's probably overstock they just relabeled.

overall, these carts are only interesting for variation freaks, as actually the only unique game is Wing War from imagic (with a black label)