IGNORED

Just got my 5200

FireTiger

Just got my 5200 (from MrREtroGamer) ... wow its big and makes pritty games, I'm having trouble controlling the games though (MrRetroGamer's rebuilt controllers, coudn't imagin w/o rebuilt) Jungle hunt is especially difficult when the pan of the POV is slower then I'd like to move, he seems to jump off, go a distance, and insted of continuing his arc just falls straight dow at some point. (once and only once have I gotten to the alligators)

Great effect for the death here though.

In frogger the only way I can get it to work is using the keypad game setting, otherwise I have to rotate frogger with the stick andd jump him with the button. (so meny buttons)

Again great death effect and the levels are pritty.

Any suggestions?

I think it's due to programming differences where each game has varying degrees of sensitivity to the controller joystick action. Check out the Pac Man, Space Invaders and Galaxian carts - those should perform a little better (although I'm not a big fan of the "analogness" of the Galaxian control scheme either!). :D

If you are serious about playing it for long periods of time, you should consider gettting a Redemption 5200 adapter. I have the 7800 version and it is great. It allows me to use 7800 joypad controllers (nes controllers) on the 5200 with 2 buttons.

I only have about 20 games, and I have been trying to save up to buy a multicart from classics, but I always seem to have more important things to pay for.

It is always great to see another 5200 owner around :)

I think it's due to programming differences where each game has varying degrees of sensitivity to the controller joystick action.  Check out the Pac Man, Space Invaders and Galaxian carts - those should perform a little better (although I'm not a big fan of the "analogness" of the Galaxian control scheme either!).  :D
Space Invaders has WAY too large of a dead zone, IMO.

If you are serious about playing it for long periods of time, you should consider gettting a Redemption 5200 adapter. I have the 7800 version and it is great. It allows me to use 7800 joypad controllers (nes controllers) on the 5200 with 2 buttons.

Barbaric.

Anyawys, aside from reliability, I think the 5200 sticks are pretty sweet controllers. I want to use them on other systems, not vice-versa.

Then I remember that analog and digital don't swap out well. And wonder why so few 5200 games were designed for analog input.