IGNORED

Need Help deciding: Lost Starpath Games Found last month

vespertillio

He folks, anybody remember the batch of Starpath games found last month? The link was here: http://www.cgexpo.com/starpath/starpath.htm

Anyway I emailed but never heard back and forgot about it. Today I got an email from John. They have been very busy getting set up for CGE and are now getting to these. Anyway I have been offered this:

Complete set of boxed games #1-10

#1 - Phaser Patrol w/ Supercharger unit

#2 - Communist Mutants from Space

#3 - Fireball

#4 - Suicide Mission

#5 - Escape from the Mindmaster

#6 - Dragonstomper

#7 - Killer Satellites

#8 - Rabbit Transit

#9 - Official Frogger

#10 - Party Mix

All items above are Brand NEW, shrinkwrapped, MINT

Price is $250 for the set plus $5 shipping

Sword of Saros - $100

Survival Island - $100

These 2 games were never available commercially and come only with instructions and cassette as no boxes were ever made.

Myquestion to you all is this: do you think I should jump at this? I already have 1,2,6,7. That or maybe go for the 2 mail ins?

Ughhh, any suggestions would be helpful. I would like to let them know this evening. Thanks all and cheers.

Fred :D

I saw this last month too.

$25 a game! Shoot! I wish I had some extra cash for these myself! :(

Complete and boxed(+ a supercharger I assume ) that's sounds like a good deal! As it is now, I barely have enough money coming soon to make it San Jose, much less purchase this much money's worth right now.

I have a mod. supercharger, but none of the tapes yet. Maybe I'll get lucky and find some extra cash soon. :|

Complete set of boxed games #1-10

#1 - Phaser Patrol w/ Supercharger unit

#2 - Communist Mutants from Space

#3 - Fireball

#4 - Suicide Mission

#5 - Escape from the Mindmaster

#6 - Dragonstomper

#7 - Killer Satellites

#8 - Rabbit Transit

#9 - Official Frogger

#10 - Party Mix

All items above are Brand NEW' date=' shrinkwrapped, MINT

Price is $250 for the set plus $5 shipping

Sword of Saros - $100

Survival Island - $100

[/quote']

NO WAY, would I pay $250 for #1-10, in any condition. The only ones that are rare are the last 3, and they are $50 games each tops (party mix maybe a bit more?), the others are not worth the extra $150. Patience will net you most of those mint for around $15 ea (some cheaper).

The last two are harder to call. They are worth $100 ea. but I've seen them go for as low as $75. So, technically they are a good buy at $100 ea, but the frugal and patient collector can obtain them for less.

It is a tough call, though, that is a lot of SC games, but you already said you HAVE some of them.

It would be a no go for me on the #1-10, but the other two sure are tempting..... :)

Good luck.

the others are not worth the extra $150. Patience will net you most of those mint for around $15 ea (some cheaper)..

My mistake, $100.

I've found Phaser Patrol, Fireball, MindMaster, Communist Mutants, and Killer Satellites ALL for $10-$15 ea. MINT

Maybe it is a good deal for someone who needs ALL of the games, but if you already have nearly half of them, I'd wait. Its a closer call than I first responded too, perhaps.

:)

I have go agree that it's a bit much.

I see 1-7 go on ebay, new, for anywhere between $10 - $20

all the time.

I got a new Dragonstomper for $10 buy it now about 3 months ago.

The last three you will spend more on.

As for Sword of Saros and Survival Island, I have never seen an opportunity to own these. Ebay or otherwise. That may be worth it.

If I had the money, and didn't have any starpath games, I would definitely consider it. It's great to get a whole set of games completed in one shot. However, if you have the patience, I think you could do better.

(But grab Saros and Survival Island, those you may never see again.)

LOL Yeah $450 is kind of pricy considering the Stella CD is only $20 But for collectors, the value of these are pretty high on those last 3 & the two mailaways. I'm still missing Party Mix, I now have the first 9 CIB. I think I'd throw $100 at that one, I don't want to throw $250 at the set for one freaking box, but if I sold off the others, I could probably about break even. I'm considering that myself. must resist!

I picked up Sword of Saros recently for $30 no manual though, but I think that is a little under what these go for. :) But the loose mailaways are probably close to $100 with manual. I don't know how often these come up for auction, but at $100 you are probably paying the going rate on them. The set of 1-10 CIB, that's a real good deal IMO on those, I wonder how many they have? :ponder:

Think of it this way,

$25 for a NIB Supercharger

$10 each for the NIB #2-7 another $60 total,

$75 each for #8-10 another $225

That's over $300 there, they could easily sell for that back on the ebay. I know personally what I've paid..

I got all 12 with manuals but no boxes last fall for $50 (also included in the deal was a stack of videogame mags, a Chuckwagon copy, a sealed-boxed joystick, 12-15 common carts and about 10 of those interlocking game holders). Apparently the guy used to be a big collector and sold most of his collection to Albert via the mail a few years ago--and then opened a closet in the basement some months later and found this stuff. Lucky for me, we managed to stumble across each other before he put it all on ebay!

The best part of it is that about a year earlier in a junk store, I had found a complete box and manual for Starpath Frogger--but no game! I bought it for a buck figuring that I ought to, but I doubted I'd ever be able to complete it. Now I have a CIB Frogger. :D

That said, I only have about 5 of the boxes for the Starpath games and doubt I'll ever complete that corner of my collection--but at least I have the games and that's the part that counts.

Well I love the supercharger games, they are all awesome in my book and definately worth it. It's funny, I have sword of saros and survival island complete (bought em from a catalog i got in the mail back in the day for like $20 each iirc,) but I still dont have frogger or party mix. Thats all I'm missing for a complete supercharger set. and they always go for more than I can afford on ebay :(