IGNORED

RORG?

Nukey Shay

OK...I'm admittantly slow to this bankswitching thing :lol:

From what I gather, RORG (when used) defines the actual address origin that is used to calculate the addresses as the assembler compiles...while ORG remains to define the layout (or size) of the cart. I had previously been compiling the 2 halves of an 8k game seperately (transferring tag info between them)...but this appears to be a real time-saver :)

So in a simple example of gibberish code (just to see if I've got the concept right)...and 8k game whose segments begin at $D000 for the first half and $F000 for the second - which is completely blank (just for this example) - save for 1 byte existing at $DF00 and the start/interrupt vectors at the end...would look like this:

ORG $1000

RORG $D000

;blah...just pretend that more data is here

ORG $1F00

.byte $FF

;blah...

ORG $2000

RORG $F000

START:

;blah...

ORG $2FFC

.word START, START

Is this correct as far as those tags are concerned? Or is there something else that I am missing? Do all of the ORG statements need to be followed by RORG...or are they OK the way that they are above?

Yeah...I use multiple ORG assignments in assemblies so that it's easier for Dasm to report when I exceed areas (and by how much). Since those vectors must exist precisely at that location, fixing them there doesn't hurt ;)

I just wanted to be clear on how RORG worked...so that I can eliminate the tedium of having to paste equates into the seperate banks' assembly files (no longer necessary to keep the 4k assembly files seperate). I knew that there had to be an easier way than what I came up with on my own :P

It would be insanity trying to use my old method with a 16k game :lol:

Edited by Nukey Shay