IGNORED

An Imagine-Tro ;)

emkay

Love it or hate it ;)

I hate it. Terrible sound and awful colors.

Please feel free to explain or to show us, what would be non-awful colors...

It's easy to change in G2F.

Sorry, can´t see anything special.

twh

This must have one of two reasons..

a) you are blind

b) you forgot the limitations of the A8 Machines

???

BTW: Out of tune...

After coming home from a "hard days work"... listening to the commercial music on the Car-Stereo... I don't like the song "too much" the first time ... because it is a noisy thing.

After listening to Kohina Radio for half an hour or longer... and listening to the song... then I like to listen to it 5 times (or more) until it's getting boring, because it has "drive" in it's sounding.

As you might know, KOHINA Radio still plays chiptunes of the best sound and demo Soundtracks.

This means... They play ...

SID Tunes ... which are always to musty or even noisy...

Most dull YM or AY tunes ...

and some tunes with heavy YM software-manipulations on the ST

Arcade Tunes which are sounding like a bad AM Radio..

... and so on.

They all have a great composition in common.

I asked myself why I like this song so much after listening to chiptunes from other machines...

The answer is: There must be something superior in sounding on the POKEY.

But there are some problems...

-It is not possible to turn back time to the 8-Bit era and when people did realize more better the technical progression on those machines.

-It seems all attempts in doing some song will end up in a "drama" typical sounding. So you may call it "emkays style" ... But other musicians may do other styles with this techniques.

And the BIGGEST unanswered question is: Why does no active musician even a try on this ?

Before submitting this message...

I appended two songs, one really terrible tune and one tune played two octaves too high... have fun with those historic compositions from "the Masters" ;)

One man and his droid ok but Extirpator?

It's one of my favourites on the A8 especially from the "old" ones.

Extirpator is a good adaption, but it has absolutely no ground in the sounding. Drop the whole notation 2 octaves down and it would be perfect.

One man and his droid ok but Extirpator?

It's one of my favourites on the A8 especially from the "old" ones.

Extirpator is a good adaption, but it has absolutely no ground in the sounding. Drop the whole notation 2 octaves down and it would be perfect.

I like that Extirpator tune. It is quite long and diverse.

Extirpator (Thalamusik) is pretty damn good. Admittedly not his best tune on the A8 (I prefer JSW myself with this as a close second as the C64 version from the Sanxion loader is better).

it's in the same key as the original and is a good effort considering the limitations of the POKEY and must've blown most things from that time out of the water. Of course it doesn't stand up so well against stuff like grayscales stereo stuff these days - but that was then and this is now.

That solo is still one of my favourite things from any 8-bit.

it's in the same key as the original and is a good effort considering the limitations of the POKEY and must've blown most things from that time out of the water. Of course it doesn't stand up so well against stuff like grayscales stereo stuff these days - but that was then and this is now.

Remembering ... back in time ... when I bought the tape with Extirpator on it... loaded it and did hear the music for the first time, i really had tears in my eyes... hearing Thalamusic played from pokey.

Happy as I had been, I plugged the XL to the Stereo and all I have heard was unlistenable high toned ...

Heck.... The title screen is a simple Charmode screen... so they could have used the CPU Power for optimizing the sounding if they would have tried.

As you noticed the "One man and his Droid" song... It seems I forgot the C64 original song name.

I asked myself why I like this song so much after listening to chiptunes from other machines...

The answer is: There must be something superior in sounding on the POKEY.

But there are some problems...

Yes, indeed POKEY has some unique qualities, but the full potential in only starting to be realized. RM Tracker is awesome. I started "porting" some of my old ST MODs.

Why does no active musician even a try on this ?

I have heard of active musicians/bands using C64s, Atari 2600s and even NES machines for their music - a few bands even local to me here in Texas! I am not sure why the auditory usefullness of Atari 8bit machine has not been tapped!!!

In some respects the POKEY is better than the equvalent in the C64, but really it would just be the different in different brands of synthesizers.

A band of all Atari machines would be cool!!! After messing with RMT, it would be nice to see a real-time sound adjustment. For example, have RMT continuously play the instrument while you adjust the volume, pitch and envelope.

Also, for this Imagintro, how big is the song in memory?

How is the song played, only during VBI?