IGNORED

Most Disappointing Cancelled Games...

Jess Ragan

Never played the 5200. I never really got into 5200 collecting as it was never released in Holland.

My all-time favorite Pengo port is the one on the Sega Game Gear. Portable Pengo, just gotta love it (never could get my hands on the Japanese MD version of it, would have loved to play that on my Nomad)

... and yeah, I know, I'm one of the only handful of people that actually likes the GG

Cheers,

Marco

Well if your not into the 5200 then how about the Atari 400/800/XL/XE series? Pengo was exactly the same on them.

Circus Charlie was announce but never released. I saw a picutre of a prototype box in an advertisement but that's it.

Tempest

I dont know if this counts, But remembering things that later disappointed me Atari wise. I remember ads in the back of the gaming magazines, there was one that listed a bunch games and the prices to purchase them. I got really excited when I saw...Adventure II !! Unfortunately I think the ads were refering to the "new" Swordquest series. What a disappointment.

Pengo on the Genesis is available as a ROM on the Internet. I've played both that and an early prototype version and I wasn't very excited about it. It tries to be Bomberman but the play mechanics (dropping ice crystals which eventually turn into ice blocks that you can throw) make the game frustratingly slow. I don't like the ugly computer rendered cinema screens, either. However, there is a great conversion of the original arcade game on the finished version of Pengo, though.

JR

I thought of a couple more. When I was a kid I was always in awe of the adult games (Beat Em and Eat em, Halloween, Texes Chainsaw). I had no idea what they looked like but I guess since you had to be 18 to buy them I thought they must've been something else. It seems to me one of the companies Wizard maybe at one time had an ad for Flesh Gordon!! That wouldve been something...Maybe