IGNORED

Game idea: Mooninites 2600

Max-T

I think it's about time that someone start programming a game for the VCS featuring the Mooninites from Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Those characters were obviously designed with reto gaming in mind. There was even one episode of Sealab where the Sealab world turned out to be an Atari game that the Aqua Teens were playing. And the Mooninites look like something straight out of a 2600 game. It's begging to be done. I don't know what kind of issues there would be with copyrights and character rights, but I think it would be a cool idea to look into.

Anyone else a Mooninites fan and interested in seeing a game like this? I know I'd pay top dollar to have Ignignokt and Ur beaming from my 2600. Thanks!

The aquateen's house was supposed to have been built over an ancient Atari burial ground (inspired by the ET fiasco). The mooninites were originally going to be "ghosts" of dead Atari games. The writers said they couldnt fit that plot into a 10 minute show so they just made them come "from the moon" because "being form the moon explains everything without having to explain anything" or something like that.

That screenshot looks pretty damn good. Please tell me (since I am both rather dumb and also quite gullible :D ) that that is from a cart in development, and not some clever Photoshop trickery... If someone really can make a batch of Mooninites carts, sign me up for two or three. Sounds like there's enough other people interested around here that a limited edition run could sell out, maybe 50-100 carts for a first batch. Thanks whatever the case!

The gameplay should just be hitting the fire button to jump in the air repeatedly, and you get 1 point per jump. :)

Nah, it's just a mockup, although designed with basic 2600 rules in mind. I might have a few spots where there are too many color changes per line, but the sprites are definitely doable. Now where's our coder?

- Adam

I've got it! It's kind of like dance dance revolution with a joystick at the bottom, and the more consecutive correct hits you make, the longer thier middle finger grows.

You could make it like the "DiscoTech" demo by Andrew Davie, Paul Slocum, and Christopher Tumbe (look in the "in development" section). The arrows go accross the bottom of the screen while a picture of the Mooninites is on top reacting to the amount you get correct. What music would you put with it though?

Maybe if you win they could form the dreaded "Quad-laser"

-Tim

You could make it like the "DiscoTech" demo by Andrew Davie, Paul Slocum, and Christopher Tumbe (look in the "in development" section). The arrows go accross the bottom of the screen while a picture of the Mooninites is on top reacting to the amount you get correct. What music would you put with it though?

Hmm, I assume at this point that project is dead. Would be cool to see someone do a game like this, though. :)

..Al

If someone were to make a serious attempt to hack an exiting game (or create a new one) based on ATHF/mooninites, I would be willing to put up a good deal of capital to finance the thing. I would also want to reserve at least ten carts, to give to friends as gifts. If I had any sort of skill, I would program the beast myself, but I can barely remember my multiplication tables, much less program the TIA for NTSC operation, so I beg someone with experience to do it for me. PM me and I'll send you the cash to start such a venture. If anyone can get past potential Cartoon Network trademarks to make a game featuring the Mooninites and/or the Aqua Teens I'd gladly pay top dollar for the experience. Thanks!!!

I actually started hacking the GFX on Pigs In Space to turn into a ATHF game. I got the Igniggnokt and Err sprites down, and created a pretty good Master Shake sprite...

I keep thinking about revisiting the project, but I would have to start from scratch.

I'd be more than willing to make a hack, and I can animate atari sprites well. Anyone have a suggestion for a good game to hack?

- Adam

dark chambers 1 and 2 player can be the mooninites and the enemies could be characters from bad atari games. the mooninites could be exploring the atari burial ground that was under the house.

The aquateen's house was supposed to have been built over an ancient Atari burial ground (inspired by the ET fiasco).  The mooninites were originally going to be "ghosts" of dead Atari games.  

I know I'd pay top dollar to have Ignignokt and Ur beaming from my 2600.

And Time Warner would pay their attorneys top dollar to sue the shit out of anyone who tried to sell ATHF merchandise.

We'd all love to see a hack or ROM freely passed around, but you couldn't try to sell ths.

I know I'd pay top dollar to have Ignignokt and Ur beaming from my 2600.

And Time Warner would pay their attorneys top dollar to sue the shit out of anyone who tried to sell ATHF merchandise.

We'd all love to see a hack or ROM freely passed around, but you couldn't try to sell ths.

change the names

aqua teen hunger force= atari teen hunger force

frylock= friar lock

meatwad= meatman

shake= Malt Zula