IGNORED

High Score Club Week 18: Tron Deadly Discs

Ze_ro

Sorry Ron but i had to do it to you, This version of T.D.D. is a little different then its Intellivision version in the simple fact of that i played that one for 70hrs. This one is a little easier to master so for this week i bump out a 999,900.

P.S. There are two variations that im aware of in the labeling, color, and where they are made do they differ in code?

Todd Mr Activision Rogers

post-1920-1091841113_thumb.jpg

Another improvement - 38325.

My one and only tip for this - cover up your score. I generally don't worry about my current high score but in this game it's really been affecting me. I kept screwing up when I got close to my previous best, but after I covered it up I stopped worrying and steamed straight past it.

post-4591-1091848585_thumb.jpg

Another improvement - 38325.

My one and only tip for this - cover up your score.  I generally don't worry about my current high score but in this game it's really been affecting me.  I kept screwing up when I got close to my previous best, but after I covered it up I stopped worrying and steamed straight past it.

I know exactly what you mean, i have to or else I'll get all excited and end up screwing it up.

Sorry Ron but i had to do it to you, This version of T.D.D. is a little different then its Intellivision version in the simple fact of that i played that one for 70hrs. This one is a little easier to master so for this week i bump out a 999,900.  

P.S. There are two variations that im aware of in the labeling, color, and where they are made do they differ in code?

Todd Mr Activision Rogers

Is there anything that you can't max out? Well I guess you didn't get hired by activision for nothing... congrats again Todd.

After a few weeks of no 2600, I finally got a chance to hook it up again and have a go at this. I still like the game, but it makes me wish I was playing the INTV version.

I thought I was doing really well at first, until I realised I was on the B setting. :sad:

My HS (on A) = 2,640

This has been the most unenjoyable game for me since the 2600 HSC started. Of course playing on an emulator with a Nintendo-style controller doesn't help either. Some games really are better suited for a joystick. But since one of the purposes of the HSC is to expose everyone to games they haven't played before, it's good to know now not to pay too much for this game.

ò¿ó   smiling_to_intellivision.gif

post-178-1092019876_thumb.jpg

And that's the end of this week! Congrats to everyone for their excellent scores! I hope you all had fun, and that you join us again for Midnight Magic!

By the way, only a few days left to sign up for the Atarilympics! Still plenty of room left!

--Zero