IGNORED

gameboy homebrew

~llama

i know this is an atari forum and all, but this is a carry-over from a thread in the Classic Gaming section where i was talking about forming a group of gameboy homebrew developers to work together in a collective-type thing...

is anybody else here into gameboy homebrew programming? (im talking original Z80-powered Gameboy, not GBA) I have tools for doing everything and i have a game design (i even have some tiles drawn and level maps started) but i havent been able to find very many good docs on gameboy programming... anyone here know of any?

also... if i carry out this idea of starting a collective-type thing, would anyone else be interested in joining me to make gameboy games? the name ive been tossing around for the "development studio" is Llama Jihad Games but im sure there are better ones to be found...

another question ive been wondering about is this:

there are no straightforward diagrams on the internet showing how to wire an EPROM into a gameboy cartridge... i have a GB Pac-Man (i had two so i sacrificed one of them) with an MBC-1 that i want to use as my devcart but i have no idea how to wire an EPROM to this thing... i'll probably use a socket on a separate board wired into the place where the Mask ROM is on the pac-Man board but i have no idea how to do that...

anyone here know?

would anyone here be interested in the type of collective thing i was talking about? maybe like Xype but with more collaboration on projects? (i actually dont know that much about Xype but from the site it doesnt look like the games are a "team effort" if that makes sense) just an idea i had.

Hi there!

i actually dont know that much about Xype but from the site it doesnt look like the games are a "team effort" if that makes sense

We had no real team project yet, but we help each other where we can. There's always a possibility for a team-up though, for example TJ and I where discussing doing "Pitstop II" only a few days ago.

Greetings,

Manuel