IGNORED

To open or not....

EricDeLee

I've got a ton of sealed boxed lynx games on the way... Should I open them?

The Games:

Awesome Golf

Battlewheels

Chip's Challenge (X2)

Crystal Mines II

Dirty Larry

Dracula

Gordo

Ishido

Joust

Klax

Malibu Bikini Volleyball

Ms. Pacman

Ninja Gaiden 3

NFL Football

Pacland

Pinball Jam

Pitfighter (x2)

Power Factor

Robo Squash

S.T.U.N Runner

Super Asteroids/Missle Command

Switchblade (x2)

Todd in Slime World

Toki

Cyberball (x2)

Turbo Sub

Xybots

Now... some of them I will also be getting loose carts as well... so I won't need to open them. However, for the ones where there is a possibility of getting a flat cart or ridged cart... should I open those to check? Is there any way to tell by the box if the cart inside is a flat or ridged cart?

Thanks in advance!

Hello Rocko,

I have quite a few NEW & SEALED Lynx ISHIDO games (boxed). I can let you have one for US$2.50. Unfoitunately I'd have to charge you US$5.50 for airmail as I live in Australia. If you live in Australia the shipping will only be AU$4.00. I take Paypal. I also have 2 NEW Ishido's on ebay for US$5.50 for both. The Ishido boxes are slightly squashed but all contents are NEW including the warrior bikin girl poster. Leave a post here if you are interested.

Regards,

Daniel.

Nice aquisition. Did you get them all from the same source? Good price?

Chips Challenge is the only one that could be a ridged or flat (or curved lip). To be honest, I'd guess there are very few ridged or flat unopened (if any) left; you're probably looking at curved lips.

There may be some differences in packaging between the 3 types (slightly different coloured inks, or maybe even a a printed number or date stamp, although these are often on the tabs, which are sealed inside), but you'd need someone with examples of all to know definitively what's inside without opening.

Nice aquisition. Did you get them all from the same source? Good price?

I got them all from the same source with roughly 60 other games (some are opened boxes, some with instructions and others just loose carts). I also got 6 (?) Lynx systems (one boxed) and other stuff. I got a good deal on them (or at least I think it is a good deal). It is the most I've ever paid for games, but I plan on reselling what I don't need in order to gain a slight profit from it. (Plus I get to keep about 50 games I didn't have!)

I haven't really collected boxes before, and I mainly got into the Lynx for play value... so I'm leaning towards opening some of these (items like Mrs. Pacman, Missle Command, Joust are ones I'll have to open as I don't have extra copies of those).

Even Atari stuff... I've never really collected the boxes, only if I come across one.

If they were mine and I didn't have loose copies the list below are the ones I would have to open to play (all great games)

Awesome Golf (a must have but decent resale value)

Battlewheels (ditto but good resale value)

Chips Challange (although you could buy a loose one for under $5 and no real resale value)

Crystal Mines II (same as chips)

Dracula (Maybe - The only complete RPG on the lynx but high resale value)

Klax (great game but fair resale value)

S.T.U.N. Runner (I'm partial to this game and this is a nice version but again it has a fair resale value)

Slime World (a lot of fun and not much resale value)

Just my opinion. The other games are also worth opening or have no real resale value (pitfighter anyone :D ). I have a few sealed games but they are all duplicates of open or loose games that I have. My goal is to play every game released for the Lynx :) but the ones listed above are my favorites from your list.

Nubian wrote:
including the warrior bikin girl poster.  

hehe... :D

Adrian M wrote:

Now you have me curious. Does someone have a scan of this poster?

Enjoy! :D

http://www.atariage.com/manual_thumbs.html...areLabelID=1896

Hm. Very nice I must say. :)

For some reason I forgot that the Lynx box art for Ishido was different. The much more subdued art for the Mac version is the one I seem to recall.

I recently bought a sealed, big boxed, flat cart - gates of zendecon - phew.

I had to open it as I hadn't got it :!:

I have thought about buying games and not opening them, but I'm not rich enough to do that, plus games were meant to be played.

I would never open it though if I knew it would be worth loads more in the future. Oh plus I just got a brand new sealed Dracula & missle command, both I opened :D and I can get more.

Hello Rocko,

I have quite a few NEW & SEALED Lynx ISHIDO games (boxed). I can let you have one for US$2.50. Unfoitunately I'd have to charge you US$5.50 for airmail as I live in Australia. If you live in Australia the shipping will only be AU$4.00. I take Paypal. I also have 2 NEW Ishido's on ebay for US$5.50 for both. The Ishido boxes are slightly squashed but all contents are NEW including the warrior bikin girl poster. Leave a post here if you are interested.

Regards,

Daniel.

So, it would be 8 bucks for one?

Hello Rocko,

Yes US$8 bucks for one Ihsido. I would like to do it cheaper but the airmail shipping is the things that takes the dough. I sold those 2 Ishido's I had on ebay for US$5.50. You can have 2 Ishdo's for US$5.00 plus $5.50 airmail. That's $10.50 for two or $8.00 for one. I bought a heap of Lynx games at this secondhand dealer and he had about 18 of the Ishidos and I have around 10 left. Sold some on ebay. I have 73 feedback one ebay @ 100%. Let me know.

Regards,

Daniel. (nubian)