IGNORED

Irata's Quest News And Label Needed!

ziggystar

Greetings Artists,

Irata's Quest, Our latest Atari 5200 game is nearing completion. We will have it ready by

the end of September if all goes well. We still need a label. No need for a contest, just

winner we choose will get a free autographed copy of the game. Please follow the template of

our previous releases, and send your entry in low res .jpg to our email. We will then

request of the winner a high res bmp or the like.

For those of you wondering. We are now accepting pre-orders as well.

thanks!

John Swiderski

President, Mean Hamster Software Inc.

That turned out a bit large on here! Can anyone else see this label? Hope this worked. Let me know what you think! I decided that, as this game was inspired by The Legend of Zelda, I should go with a Nintendo-inspired label. I could add a Fuji symbol towards the bottom somewhere, if that would help...

Hi again,

I appreciate all the comments so far on this. I'm going to stay neutral on this sudden debate (I'm not using that word in a negative way!) about the label. I may do some alterations on this thing tonight and make it slightly more "Atari"-looking, while trying not to lose the "Nintendo" feel of the label. I've been struggling for ideas on how to do this. Anyway, I'll post anything if I come up with something different.

Thanks, moycon, for resizing that label. It's a bit easier to visualize as a whole now!

Is there anything you can do to up the color count of the game? I was thinking you could throw a palette change in a DLI between the status screen and the main display.

It just looks a little limited in the color department. Are you using sprites at all? It looks like the main character is playfield graphics.

Hi John,

Thanks for a new "glimpse" of the game! Looks like some things have changed since the old demo...colors look brighter, and I think that's a good thing. Is it my imagination, or did the main character get a slight facelift?

"Overworld" (to borrow a phrase from the old Zelda game) map is changed...it looks like this means that the world has expanded a bit! I'm really looking forward to playing this game. :)