IGNORED

2004 ATARILYMPICS - Closing Ceremonies

Ze_ro

In Decathlon, if I'm not mistaken, your score will accumulate throughout your trials even if you miss one... Submit this score as well as the maximum height/distance/etc.

--Zero

you will really only need the height/distance/etc.. information from each competitor for each separate event in activision decathlon, given that the points awarded for your best effort in each event are directly related to your height/distance/etc.. results, and given the fact that there aren't medals awarded for your accumulated score throughout all of the activision decathlon events correct?

...and given the fact that there aren't medals awarded for your accumulated score throughout all of the activision decathlon events correct?

Why not? The decathlon is an stand-alone olympic event, just like javelin, long jump etc.

i'm assuming the "overall" decathlon isn't listed in the above standings tables as a medal event due to the fact that there's no way around the pole vole cheat in the accumlated decathlon score, and thus would need to be excluded along with the pole vault.

i'm assuming the "overall" decathlon isn't listed in the above standings tables as a medal event due to the fact that there's no way around the pole vole cheat in the accumlated decathlon score, and thus would need to be excluded along with the pole vault.

Well, then we could excluse pole pault (3 misses!) and still submit the scores.

Zero

I do have Z26 but I also have pcaewin2.6 can I use pcaewin2.6 (thats the emu I have been using in the high score club) if not thats cool I don't mind using Z26.

@gateway

I'm on your team buddy,pm me so Ican send you my address and size for a t-shirt(also what events you want me to be part of again as mentioned before I do not have any of the games but I can d/l some and and play on an emu) Go Team globtrotter!!!

Ok here are my early totals for me representing team Japan

100 meter dash: score 977, time:10.34 seconds

long jump:score 1100,distance:8.41 meters

Shot Put:score1047,distance 19.63 meters

High Jump:score 680,Height 1.8 meters

400 meters:score 946, time:47.0 seconds

Hurdles:score 1034, time:13.44 seconds

Discuss: score 1031,distance:59.44 meters

Pole Vault: score 1096, Height: 5.2 meters

Javelin: score 1010, Distance 81.98 meters

1500 meter race: score 1014, time: 3:39.0

total score 9937

Zero

I do have Z26 but I also have pcaewin2.6 can I use pcaewin2.6 (thats the emu I have been using in the high score club) if not thats cool I don't mind using Z26.

pcaewin is fine.

As for Decathlon, we're only playing the individual events and NOT the full 10-event run.

--Zero

I just saw this thread. I'm at work so won't be able to play any events until this evening. I'd like to put dibs on on Track & Field on behalf of the Lime Smilies (since it's the only cart of the ones listed that I have) unless someone else on my team wants that one.

-S

Ok after a couple more hours of intensive practice I was able to improve on a lot of my scores

For Decathlon

100 Meter Dash:score 1048, time:10.09 seconds

Shot Put: score 1058, distance:19.84 meters

High Jump: score 1025, Height:2.2 meters

400 Meters: score 959, time:46.7 seconds

Discuss:score 1068, distance:61.73 meters

Javelin:score 1027, distance:83.62 meters

Winter Games

Slalom: time 1:17.5

Bobsled: time 50.6 seconds

Speed Skating: time 27.7 seconds

Hot Dog: score 7.0

Luge: time 36.6 seconds

That it for for today and posting scores.

Ok,

Team Activision on the board:

Summer Games:

Hurdles 24.4

Swimming 29.8

Skeet Shoot 22 - This aint no easy task Zero!

100 Yard Relay 12.2

Swim Relay 1:24.5

Gymnastics 1.1 - How the hell to do this??? I understand the hands but not the moves

Rowing 29.5

Expect more next week :)

I notice to other team Japan members. I am only going to do winter games and decathlon during this atariolypiad. The reason why is I do not want to disqualify a fellow team member from getting his 4 major scores up. Also if any of you guys can beat my scores feel free to do so, just be sure that I have atleast 4 qualifying scores remaining

Ok I have a tip for the decathlon, when it comes to the 100 meters and 400 meters and 1500 meter races. If you do not have a track and field controller which works best on decathlon get out your tennis paddles. Yep thats right, your tennis paddles. Put the 100,400, or 1500 on practice. Now start pressing the buttons on the paddles as quick as possible, this will cause the runner to run faster than could make him go on a regular joystick.