IGNORED

2004 ATARILYMPICS - Closing Ceremonies

Ze_ro

WG Ski Jump

Cant get that 177!

Tell me about it! I was able to push it to 176.9, but I couldn't for the life of me manage to get any higher. In fact, I still can't tell what I did differently than my previous 170.x runs... :ponder:

Anyways, only two scores to submit today:

Winter Games:

Ski Jump: 176.9

Luge: 30.7s

--Zero

Just thought I'd take a timeout to give some tips and such:

If your team isn't doing all that well, keep in mind that you can get an easy gold medal in Skeet Shooting. Getting all 25 targets on this one is really quite easy, and for some teams out there, getting a gold medal could really help. Getting 10.0 on the Hot Dog can also get you a guaranteed gold medal (I've been trying this one myself, but lord help me, I suck at it). Not to mention that there are some other events with scores you can max out, such as Footbag and Skateboarding.

Also, if you're unsure about which events to attempt, take a look at the standings and try some of the events that don't have a lot of contestants, such as swimming, luge, biathlon or gymnastics. Even if you don't do all that well at them, there's still a real chance you could manage to snag a bronze in them. Remember, if you don't try, you never know how well you can do. Just because you might not be able to take the gold, there are still possibilities.

And finally, I'd like to ask people NOT to hold back on their scores... I know some people like to wait until the lasy day in the High Score Club to post their scores, but I'd really rather you didn't do that here. Since there's a lot of events here, most of the contestants only play events that they feel they need to improve upon, and beating them out at the last second sort of screws them out of a chance at competing, even if they had the ability. So if you get a nice score, please share it with us so we can actually get some healthy competition going here.

--Zero

Not to mention that there are some other events with scores you can max out, such as Footbag and Skateboarding.

:idea: I think some more scores are already maxed out (e.g. SG Hurdles).

...and beating them out at the last second sort of screws them out of a chance at competing, even if they had the ability.

Snipers! :twisted:

BTW: In the high score list there are still 2nd places after two gold medals. How do you score those in the medal list?