IGNORED

2004 ATARILYMPICS - Closing Ceremonies

Ze_ro

Just got my Stelladaptor! (Had to pick it up from the Post Office and pay some tax though - damn customs!). Anyway, now I'm using my trusty proline instead of the keyboard, here are a few score improvements on Track & Field.

100m - 9.14

Long Jump - 10.54

Javelin - 96.58

110m Hurdles - 10.8

I've also posted a screenshot of my 92.8 in the hammer, as I didn't do it before. I think that's a maxed out score, as I've hit 45 degrees a few times since and not gotten any better.

post-4591-1092792057_thumb.jpg

post-4591-1092792058_thumb.jpg

post-4591-1092792059_thumb.jpg

post-4591-1092792060_thumb.jpg

post-4591-1092792061_thumb.jpg

I've been meaning to mention this, but somehow kept forgetting: I'd advise everyone to try to keep a record of their own high scores... just in case you need them again near the end to sort out who submits scores for what.

:idea: I think some more scores are already maxed out (e.g. SG Hurdles).

Well, that's certainly possible. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone squeeze out an extra 0.1 of a second on some of these though. I'm amazed how competitive the swimming is really!

Ok, not as good as my previous score, but here is my surfing re submission:

I still honestly don't understand how it's possible to score so high in surfing... you simply don't have enough time to rack up much more than 10-12 thousand points. What on earth are you doing that managed to net you so many points?

Alternatively, can anyone prove wether or not this screenshot has been faked at all?

--Zero

You mean like if there are two people tied for first? In that case, they both get gold and the next person gets bronze. In the case where two people are tied for 3rd place, then two bronzes are handed out. Is this how things work in the real olympics? I'm not sure.

Exactly like you described above.

Alternatively, can anyone prove wether or not this screenshot has been faked at all?

Unless the faker is really stupid, that's nearly impossible to find out.

I've also posted a screenshot of my 92.8 in the hammer, as I didn't do it before.  I think that's a maxed out score, as I've hit 45 degrees a few times since and not gotten any better.

Yup, I am very sure here too. A speed of just below 1500m/s (i.e. 1495m/s) is the maximum the game can handle.

:idea: For a maximum result you have to release the hammer as late as possible (just before the 9th noise), so that it lands in the upper are. And hit the 45° exactly.

Unless the faker is really stupid, that's nearly impossible to find out.

Though something of the screenshot might be a little bit odd.

:?: Which emulator (Name, OS, version) are you using Rocko? And what did you do with the screenshot before posting it?

@Rocko When you take a screenshot through Stella, the file that is placed in the folder is a .bmp. However, when posting, .bmp's can't be used. When I post my scores, I open the screenshot in paint and then save it as a .jpeg.

As far as doctoring pictures, it would be quite difficult unlesss the person was careless. Check for inconsistencies in the picture when compared to other pictures.

Yup, everything look ok now. I was just confused by the weird horizontal size (288 pixel), but that's typical for Stella.

Yes, the stella.pro file is tweaked for most games to not show bordering black space if it's not technically part of the game. Thats approach may not be as precise as it looks on a TV, but it makes the emulation look a lot better.

@Rocko When you take a screenshot through Stella, the file that is placed in the folder is a .bmp.

The latest version of Stella (1.4.1) directly produces PNG files which are optimal for 2600 screenshots (lossless compression, minmal size). Very nice! :thumbsup:

Actually, 1.4 does that as well, not just 1.4.1. But I agree, BMP's are ugh, gross. PNG really is the best option.

Steve