IGNORED

Starting Out

pmpddytim

Sorry if this is in the wrong area since its not about atari. :) Also, please excuse my ignorance when it come to programming matters.

Well, I'm finally out of college and need somthing new to learn, somthing new to WORK on thats not my job. Games have always kind of a passion with me so I would like to learn programming. I relize I am going to have to start from page one and thats ok with me, If it takes me 10 years to learn then it takes me 10 years to learn.

I think I would like to program for GBA, as its one of my fav systems. Can anyone point me in a good starting direction. Like what language I should start learning (i think GBA is C++, but I could be wrong), good books on languages etc..

I'm sure you get lots of posts from people like me so I'm sorry if it gets annoying.

-Tim :)

And for GBA you can't go past http://www.gbadev.org/  :wink:

I was involved with that site for a while, and I spent a lot of time as a moderator on the IRC channel #gbadev. As well, I have a fair bit of knowledge about the GBA, so I can answer questions to help you get up and running with GBA development.

Cheers

A

And for GBA you can't go past http://www.gbadev.org/ :wink:

I was involved with that site for a while' date=' and I spent a lot of time as a moderator on the IRC channel #gbadev. As well, I have a fair bit of knowledge about the GBA, so I can answer questions to help you get up and running with GBA development.

Cheers

A[/quot0e']

Thanks! Right now i'M just reading some basic programming books (c++)but when i work up to the actual gba hardware I'm sure I"ll have lots of questions for you. :)

-Tim