IGNORED

Star Wars The Arcade 5200 Label.

Atariboy2600

This September 21th The Old Star Wars movies on DVD so I just like to dream of a what if the Star Wars The Arcade by Atari was made not by Parker Brothers but by Domark with better grafx. I don't know if the rom space or the console will play that kind og game rom even if I can play it on a Atari 800/5200 emulator on the Dreamcast but anyway here's a mock label I made if any one like to see.

post-5587-1092980989_thumb.jpg

Dear Atariboy2600,

This is a great looking artwork.

For the record, the Domark version of Star Wars (developed by Zeppelin Games) has been released for the Atari 8-Bit. As it does require 64ko, I don't know how it could be adapted for the 5200.

Here's a direct link:

http://people.freenet.de/mrbacardi/Zeppelin.html

Good luck in your quest.

AB.

According to that link, it was available in a cassette version. Games which load in to RAM are usually going to require more than 16K of RAM, because they use up some RAM just by existing.

One could also hope that they didn't use any self-modifying code. It's one thing to convert a 400/800 cartridge to the 5200. It's another thing to convert a disk/tape game.

Bruce,

I remember purchasing both Tape and Disk versions back in 1989 and the only difference between the two is the loading screen (disk only - this could be bettered with G2F).

The game is definitely 48ko to 64ko (my bet) as it seems not to run on the Atari 800 but only the XL/XE line.

As a sidenote, Zeppelin was probably the best UK developer on the XL/XE in the late eighties and, while their Star Wars is not as good as some of their best games (the true vector graphix slows down the playability), it still is a very nice piece of software and closer to the original game (no use of sprites) than the 16ko Parker release.

AB.

Thanks so much to AtariBoy and andy_bernstein for making me aware of this version and posting the link! As a huge fan of the Star Wars arcade game, it's amazing to play this version of it... I had no idea that a "vector" graphics version of this game had been made!!! And thanks to the magic of the SIO2PC cable, I was able to try it out on my 800XL within minutes of finding out about it. Great stuff!!!

The dump of the 1988 version of Star Wars The Arcade Game (64ko Vector Graphics release developed by Zeppelin Games) is now available at atarimania.

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?...FT_LIB&SENS=ASC

Thanks to mr.Bacardi for sharing his dump.

Because this program is 64ko, is there any possiblity that it could be adapted for the 5200 ?

post-3367-1093511039_thumb.jpg

post-3367-1093511040_thumb.jpg

post-3367-1093511041_thumb.jpg

post-3367-1093511042_thumb.jpg