IGNORED

My future collection of atari 2600 games!!!

bluetriforce

I am just starting to be a atari 2600 game collector. I want to see many more new games being made on the atari 2600 like 1,000s of new atari 2600 games to be released in one year on cartridge at atariage.com store by homebrews, Atari 2600 programmers for the atari 2600, music, and hacks to be on a atari 2600 cartridges? Will there be 100s of more atari 2600 programmers, hackers and homebrews making new games for the Atari 2600 in the future?

Thanks,

:D

I don't know about scores of NEW 2600 games being made (the 2600 is notoriously difficult to program for), but if you're new to Atari gaming, there are probably tons of titles already out there that you haven't seen before...

I also don't know about your chances of being able to order one (such is up to Mr. Schell), but there is a fantastic accessory for the Atari 7800 which allows you to play almost all 2600 and 7800 games. Here's a link to Mr. Schell's web site:

http://www.schells.com/cc2.shtml

I am honored to own one, and if the demand is great enough perhaps Mr. Schell will produce another batch. In any case, it's the best solution I know (unless you're super-rich) for being able to play the complete Atari library.

I also don't know about your chances of being able to order one (such is up to Mr. Schell), but there is a fantastic accessory for the Atari 7800 which allows you to play almost all 2600 and 7800 games.

At this point, the chance is close to zero. Not only did he not get enough interest to ramp up for a second run, one of the parts (the MMC socket) is no longer available, and would require changes to the circuit board, meaning a larger interest is needed for a second run.

Nonetheless, mine was well worth the $200, just as a development tool.