IGNORED

7800 Rescue on Fractalus

Curt Vendel

On 9/4/2023 at 6:46 PM, Trebor said:

image.png.32780a58cf7f4fa2e67e1491a9159ce0.png 

In case anyone views this old thread and is confused about the POKEY reference, POKEY is at $4000 for Ballblazer and Commando.  It would have been present at that address for RoF as well, if leveraging POKEY was intended.

There is no POKEY@$6000 ever utilized.

There is an alternate dump of RoF, but nothing further respecting game programming completion.   

A corrected header: In the case of this game, instead of POKEY@4000, Mirrored RAM@4000 is present, and not accounted for correctly until relatively more recent years.

Both of the aforementioned dumps are a part of the PROPack, and posted here for convenience:

Rescue On Fractalus (Prototype) (xx-xx-84) (9A74FBF2).a78 32.13 kB · 27 downloads

Rescue On Fractalus (Prototype) (Alt 1) (xx-xx-84) (ABE19E33).a78 32.13 kB · 24 downloads

POKEY or not, its a real shame we never got a retail version of RoF for 7800, part of me hopes that someday we'll see that dream come to life, but i'm not holding my breath

• Like 1

On 7/1/2024 at 3:53 PM, Maztr_0n said:

part of me hopes that someday we'll see that dream come to life, but i'm not holding my breath

I'll be good faith optimist about this, maybe in a few years if this all goes well, it should!

• 2 weeks later...

Temped to bump this once and awhile in support of this port that could have been

Or a symbolic petition, or to try learning assembly or something to attempt finishing it someday, very slowly with no clue at first or even by the end.

But heres my little bump for Fractalus 7800 :]

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/18/2024 at 10:26 PM, Maztr_0n said:

Temped to bump this once and awhile in support of this port that could have been

Or a symbolic petition, or to try learning assembly or something to attempt finishing it someday, very slowly with no clue at first or even by the end.

But heres my little bump for Fractalus 7800 :]

Should i explain? Idk i just like how this port was going from the prototypes and perhaps we could see it come to fruition someday, hence the bumps

I do not know about you guys but checking this every 2 weeks and finding out that it is STILL not complete is really really burning me. 

Please just do better. 

Sent from my entitlement room via whinephone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Jinks said:

I do not know about you guys but checking this every 2 weeks and finding out that it is STILL not complete is really really burning me. 

Please just do better. 

Sent from my entitlement room via whinephone.

this did make me laugh, and ya know i never kept track of time, we dont have a calendar on whinephones anymore ;)

last bump, thats enough for this thread.

and by the way its an " entitlement chamber "  not a room, i'll let it slide because i am a very nice person but dont you ever make that mistake EVER AGAIN!!!!

Sent passive aggressively from my complainer throne in my entitlement CHAMBER!!!! via whinephone.