IGNORED

Stella gets a new brain? Questions/

MichaelJMcKernan

I just picked up a sealed/shrinkwrapped copy of something called Stella gets a new brain CD....I guess this is supercharger games on CD, right?

What's the rarity on this? And how hard is it to get a supercharger so I can play it?

Also, this is like a gaming insider type thing, right....weird that I found it at a Saver's?!?

Superchargers aren't TOO hard to find, and I definitely recommend getting one to play that great CD!!! It's all the supercharger releases + and there are a lot of good games on it.... As far as rarity, I'm not sure.

I've been playing a lot of Dragonstomper in the past few days - it's worth it just for that! 8)

I just picked up a sealed/shrinkwrapped copy of something called Stella gets a new brain CD....I guess this is supercharger games on CD, right?

What's the rarity on this? And how hard is it to get a supercharger so I can play it?

Also, this is like a gaming insider type thing, right....weird that I found it at a Saver's?!?

The Cyberpunks FAQ page should answer most questions about the CD.

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698/cy...rpunks/faq.html

As for rarity, I recall hearing that there were somewhere around 1000 produced. The remaining copies were given to Hozer Video around 2 years ago. AFAIK, Hozer still has some copies for sale via mail order.

Superchargers show up fairly often on eBay so you should be able to get one easy enough.

And yes, very strange that you should have found one at a retail outlet. :?

I guess one question is whether it's a first edition or not. I really don't know the difference, except that I recall that the book to the first edition should have a number in silver ink. I think they only made about 200 of those.

They went wild on the second edition, presumably because the cost of producing 1000 wasn't that much more than the cost of 200.

The 2nd edition discs are all shrinkwrapped. The 1st edition ones were not. In fact we had to hand-stuff the inserts into the jewel boxes on the 1st edition, bit PITA.

The 1st edition manuals were not hand numbered.

The content of the 1st edition manuals is not exactly the same as the 2nd edition manuals because we changed a little of the actual content from version to version. The cover of the manual and all the CD inserts are the same from version to version. (We had lots of extras leftover from the 1st edition).

The 1st edition CDs had a black background on the CD itself. The 2nd edition CDs are just silver with red lettering.

There were not enough leftover CD inserts to fill every 2nd edition jewel case. I'd say about 20% of them don't have inserts in them. I don't know if Hozer has gotten to those yet.

I also don't think there were enough color booklet covers to go with every 2nd edition CD but I don't know where the cutoff is/was.

We made about 350 CDs of the 1st edition, although only about 300 went to end-users. The rest were for private circulation. The lettering varied on the discs. I alternated between silver and gold pen. I believe I did gold pen every 10 discs. And I think I only did the special sayings "do what thou wilt" on the gold ones.

I wanted to do some wacky stuff almost like a message in a bottle to see how these things circulated over time.

The deal we had with Bridgestone Multimedia put a limit of 300 discs on the 1st pressing, but there was no limit on the 2nd pressing.

We did 1,000 the 2nd time through because we could handle the overhead and it looked like it would be enough discs to saturate demand for perpetuity. We priced it so that we didn't have to sell out all 1,000 to make back our overhead. When sales trickled off we had done okay enough so we just donated the rest to Hozer.

• Like 1

I just got Stella GANB from Hozer about 6 months ago.

Shrinkwrapped and the CD was the one with the red lettering

like you mentioned above.

There was an insert.

I absolutely love it.

Dragonstomper and Mindmaster are two of my

favorite games.

After the High Score Club last week, I also have a new found love

for Fireball.

I took a look at me ol' pal Mike's acquisition last night. It's definitely Version 2.0. Talk about perfect condition. One still finds the strangest things in thrift stores. He found Ghost Manor/Spike's Peak and Spacemaster X-7 at that same Goodwill in the recent past. He's even tried to sell them, but nobody wants them! Weird.