IGNORED

Hello, New Jersey!?!

scmor92

Any other Jersey guys out there? If so, have you had any luck finding Atari stuff in the Garden State? I've been to Englishtown, but didn't find anything there, although a friend says he's seen Atari stuff there. There's one small place in Red Bank that has a small cabinet full of common Atari 2600 and 7800 games, but other than that I've come up dry. Since Video Game Connection went online only, Ebay and Atariage have become my prime sources for finding anyting Atari.

Anyone else here have better luck?

Me. I live across from New York City on the other side of the river. My friend has the comic shop in Englishtown. I had his store in Edison stocked a few years ago with Atari games, but pulled everything when I stopped working for him back in 2001. As for finding things in Englishtown, you have to go like 7am on a Saturday when people are still setting up. Most thrift stores and such in NJ suck, at least in the north part. I come up dry 99% of the time, except for the occasional common cart priced at $2.00.

Phil

Hey! I hear you! Once Video Game Connections went online, there hasn't been anywhere locally to get games. There was indeed a store at the Englishtown flea market, but they have been gone for well over a year. They had some great stuff, too. I occasionally head back there with hopes that the store returns (or at least something similar shows up), but no dice. The best place I've been for games was the PhillyClassic. Yeah, its once a year, but it's been the only place I've been able to go and pick up games other than online. Best of luck!!!!

Thanks for all the replies! It's good to know there are other Garden State gamers on Atariage.

Maybe I'll check out that store in Garwood, although it's a bit of a drive (I'm in Toms River). I also hope to get to PhillyClassic this year.

By the way, the place in Red Bank is called Going to the Dogs (I think). It's a combination pet store/used video game store. They've got a bunch of classic games, including a small collection of Atari stuff. The games are something like $3.50 a cart or 3 for $10, which is a bit pricey, although I found a few semi-rare games there.

Any other Jersey guys out there? If so, have you had any luck finding Atari stuff in the Garden State? I've been to Englishtown, but didn't find anything there, although a friend says he's seen Atari stuff there. There's one small place in Red Bank that has a small cabinet full of common Atari 2600 and 7800 games, but other than that I've come up dry. Since Video Game Connection went online only, Ebay and Atariage have become my prime sources for finding anyting Atari.

Anyone else here have better luck?

this is why you cant find anything where you live :D

ive bought from him alot, on ebay and off his site

http://www.collectorscardsandgames.com/games.htm

this is why you cant find anything where you live :D

ive bought from him alot, on ebay and off his sitehttp://www.collectorscardsandgames.com/games.htm

I knew he had a friggin' website, I just couldn't remember it!!!!!! That is the guy that used to be at Englishtown!!! Their prices weren't too shaby, I'll have to see if anything has changed.

I'm also from northern New Jersey. I used to like to visit Video Game Connections when the brick-and-mortar store was there. Other than that, the only places where I can find classic video games are at the thrift stores. I'd tend to agree that most thrift stores around here don't have much other than the same few common games, but I have on occasion uncovered some rare stuff--one time, I even snagged a prototype!

I'm also in Ocean County, NJ, but have had little luck (or attempts, for that matter) finding games around here. I might have to stop by that Red Bank store. Do they have any Coleco stuff? I only have 3 games for mine. And I'm always looking for good Atari deals. :D

---------

Chase Hermsen

im from NJ, bergen county and there is this shop in saddle brook that was good a few years ago for atari games and other odds and ends but i depleated the store mostly they get stuff in rarely. but you really need to play hard ball with the people. when they buy the stuff that comes in the try to buy it for little to nothing and being forieners when they dont like what you say to them they pretend they dont understand english. funny to say also when you buy from them and you offer less than what they want( it can be like 2.00 on a 3.00 item or 2.50 on a 3.00 item they can pretend they dont understand english. they dont like me cause i know their little game. but now they dont do much in atari rarely they do. they offer about 20 cents selling of an atari 2600. last i checked . that was a year ago. he ended up getting so mad he went outside and put the system in the box mind you on top of the trash can. ( iguess he wanted them to know he would be happier tossing it than give them the unit. they double to price of what they get stuff for.

well other than that garage sales are normally goodup here. i missed out today of getting a ps2 wiht 20 games for $20. but i did score a retro 80s sound system for my bedroom 6 speakers a reciever cd and casette decks for 5.00, no questions here i take what i can get.

There's a place in Garwood that sells 2600 games as well as other classics.  I don't think you'll find anything rare there but I picked up a couple of needed SMS games at a good price.

This place is called Turnabout video games I think. :ponder: I've been here before and scored a pic label Sears Baseball from him! He also sells on ebay under the name gturnabout :ponder: I live in PA but I'm close to the NJ border. :D

Thanks for all the replies! It's good to know there are other Garden State gamers on Atariage.

Maybe I'll check out that store in Garwood, although it's a bit of a drive (I'm in Toms River). I also hope to get to PhillyClassic this year.

The store in Garwood can't be hard to find, Garwood is one of the smallest towns I have ever seen. If you're willing to drive a little further there is a store in Newark, there was a thread about it here a week or 2 back, try doing a search.

atari70's: Are you talikng about Cash Convertors on Rt. 46 by the Wal-Mart?

shining blade; yes i am. thats where i got my copy of Crazy Climber for 80 cents. and i got the bulk of my atari collection. they used to sell them for 1.00 a game and 10 for a system. then after the unfortunate crazy climber insident of me clearing the junk piles on the floor to get it. they stopped selling them. ( personally i think its cause they jacked the prices on everything to 5.00 ea and all they had were pacmans and madden football games. i saw a vectrex once but i didnt get it cause at the time i didnt know what it was. they wanted 50$ for a boxed coleco in 02 but i elected to pass onit.

they way they act now its like if they like the price you offer they pretend they dont understand english. and same when you sell something . if its a 100.00 item and they want it for 10$ and if you say 10 $ ?!?!? are you nuts i want 50 ( half of the value ) they act like the dont know english. go figure, rarely they do get stuff in. but not much like they use to in 2001 -02.

shining PM me i didnt know you were from up here

Could someone tell me the address of the store in Garwood? I'd be interested in checking it out someday.

Oh, there's a second-hand store in Passaic, across from the BP station and two blocks away from the entrance to Route 21, that had a 2600 and about a dozen games last time I was there. The owner wants to sell all the games at once; pity as he only had one that interested me, and that's Moonsweeper, which I'd never heard of at that point. Still, just won a blue-label version on eBay last week...

I've been to that wal-mart a ton of times. I never noticed a video game store. is it in the same plaza?

Phil

Same plaza. Its called Cash Convertors, they sell used stuff like VCR's, computers, jewelry, etc, not just video games. If you walk out of Wal-Mart it is to the right.

Chris-in-NJ, I don't know the address but Garwood is so small, its probably either on North Ave or South Ave. :)

scmor92, there is a Cash Convertors down by you, near Howell. I'm not sure of the address, but its about 2 or 3 miles off Rt 9. I was there once about 2 years ago.

phil its all the way in the corner next to waht i think is a chinesee resteraunt. anyway ill give you the 411 . when you go in go to where teh registers are if you make a right and look at the wall, next to the car audio is what used to be the heaven of atari systems. if you go past the registers and go to the left ( knida to the left of the registers is where all the old atari games and all used to be. they like moving things around to get you to look at everything since ive been there theyve moved the game section at least 10 or 12 times. mostly now they do NES and SNES. and the newer. i dont know if its cause it doesnt get traded in or they dont take it. thats also the place i got my arcadia 2001 system with 6 boxed games for 12.99 and the virtual boy unopened for 10$. you never know what youll find or where games are hiding.

yea if you can let us knwo in garewood that woudl help . i never heard of gare wood.

jersey devil is the one in south jersey ( cash converters) any cleaner than the one up in saddle brook( stupid question since the one up here is a big stine.

yea if you can let us knwo in garewood that woudl help . i never heard of gare wood.

jersey devil is the one in south jersey ( cash converters) any cleaner than the one up in saddle brook( stupid question since the one up here is a big stine.

The one in South Jersey is much cleaner and more organized.

Garwood is between Fanwood and Westfield. Exit 137 on the Parkway. If your going down that way, there are 4 Gamestops on Rt 22 (Exit 140). I know 2 of them still have NES and SNES stuff.