IGNORED

Millipede prototype?

Henry Lee

Just wondering, there is a Millipede up on Ebay, the seller in mentioning that is is a 1988. Is that really a prototype? or this seller is is pulling a fast buck.

It seems like a AA reproduction to me..

See for your self ...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...8125907592&rd=1

Here,Atari Age tries to keep a Atari gaming community informed, it is sad to see some sellers at ebay working the other way around, if it is a reproduction cart that is. But IF it is a rare prototype...

In all fairness, Topol777 did not say that this is a prototype cart but rather a prototype game, there is a difference.  :ponder:  

Point being, the bidders are idiots.  :roll:

The seller also called it an "Ultra, Ultra Rare Prototype"

That's just plain wrong.... this from a seller that displays ebays "square trade" logo thingy. Sorry, I think cheating people is wrong, even if the're idiots.

In all fairness, Topol777 did not say that this is a prototype cart but rather a prototype game, there is a difference.  :ponder:

MILLIPEDE PROTOTYPE for Atari 5200

UP IN THIS AUCTION I HAVE A MILLIPEDE PROTOTYPE(1988) GAME FOR THE ATARI 5200 TESTED TO WORK. THE GAME&nbs ;IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION AND IS ULTRA ULTRA RARE!!!

Looks to me like someone listing a reproduction and wording it in a way where he hopes people will think they are getting a prototype.

I remember seeing another Millipede auction ending overpriced.

My point is instead of the seller repeating another sellers wisecrack sale of the month, blinded to get a few bucks more, he should think twice if he really likes his business and is good hearted collector. We should inform, the less informed collectors, who are not always idiots but are new. PROTOTYPE CART or GAME, it is NOT ultra ultra rare, it is a reproduction that sells 25$ at Atari Age! I think the seller's way of persuading the buyer and presenting the auction is totally wrong amd worse if it is a cart that has been bought at Atari Age! :skull:

This guy (Adam Topol) knows what he is doing - which makes it worse. He's been a collector for quite some time and should know better. Recent activities suggests he's been dumping his collection on eBay.

He's screwed an acquaintance of mine John (rushpage / John in NH on RGVC) out of several auctions recently (Atari games). He's even had the nerve to send SquareTrade after John to settle their dispute - although he clearly was the high-bidder and now refuses to pay for any of the items (claiming, get this, John's auctions were misleading). This guy has some nerve...

On the plus side...as long as he's the seller, Topol seems to deliver. I've bought from him previously with no problems.

-R

On the plus side...as long as he's the seller, Topol seems to deliver. I've bought from him previously with no problems.

I just saw Adam Topol's responses to feedback on all recent autions:

NO BUYER EVER HAS A PROBLEM IN THE END LOOK AT ALL FEEDBACK 99.999% SELLER FBACK

A word of warning with topol, if he lists something as CIB , email him and check it includes the manual before bidding... :|

Where I come from CIB means you get the manual as well, but, apparently not in his little world of either buying up every single atari auction on ebay or just artificially driving up the prices by bidding on absolutely everything he sees... I've listened for months now to people saying 'he's new', 'give him a chance' and all that, thats rubbish, he knows exactly what he's doing, and its not good. :thumbsdown:

He's also very rude and a weirdo to boot...

(3 fairly rude payment reminders within 24 hours of winning an auction, does that seem reasonable to you ?)

Si

UK WOMBLE wrote:  

(3 fairly rude payment reminders within 24 hours of winning an auction, does that seem reasonable to you ?)  

That reminds me, I need to send you an invoice. LOL

Yes, well with you its the opposite problem, a week and no invoice... :(

Too busy reading your 'How to be an American' book probably... :P

Si

Si

That's how he did me, & I had sent him an email through ebay, as well as from my personal cox account first. I wanted to know about shipping, and he kept pestering with invoices I guess worried if I was gonna pay or not.. :ponder:

He seemed alright after he finally checked up on email.

But I would agree with the majority on these 'prototypes' Seems a bit underhanded. :|

Funny the Klax was CIB in this auction, not to mention truthfully represented, as 'homebrew', then it gets relisted suddenly its a Ultra Rare Prototype game, and the packing goes where? I don't get it, seems like he was hoping to mislead some bidders. Whether the auction says game or cart, the intent looks the same to me. :(

UK WOMBLE wrote:  

Si  

That's how he did me, & I had sent him an email through ebay, as well as from my personal cox account first. I wanted to know about shipping, and he kept pestering with invoices I guess worried if I was gonna pay or not..  

He seemed alright after he finally checked up on email.  

But I would agree with the majority on these 'prototypes' Seems a bit underhanded.  

Funny the Klax was CIB in this auction, not to mention truthfully represented, as 'homebrew', then it gets relisted suddenly its a Ultra Rare Prototype game, and the packing goes where? I don't get it, seems like he was hoping to mislead some bidders. Whether the auction says game or cart, the intent looks the same to me.

Same as, guess he just gets jumpy, but after a few days you might expect it, but 3 reminders in a day isnt too clever.

I have to say he would have to have something pretty special for me to go anywhere near his auctions ever again, and this latest episode just isnt nice, he's not making it easy for me to like him.. :(

I know he reads this, so maybe he'll take note, maybe not... who knows :?

Either way, he may lose a few potential customers I think..

Si