IGNORED

Controls and wiring questions

dj_kracker

Just been reading all the stuff you guys have about the 5200 and looks like I came to the right place. So much knowledge here.

I believe that what I am going to be building has already been done. I would like to build an arcade style (stand up) machine using the 5200 as the core (a poor man's MAME). I will be using a 19/20 inch television for the monitor. I have been trying to figure out the best way to hook the console up to the new cable ready/ s- video style TV's. There is the video MOD plug in from 8bit, which looks very interesting. Are there any other alternatives? I would love to have stereo sound from the 5200 to the TV audio inputs.

My biggest concern will be the controls. I will be using a 5200 trakball, but I want to wire a Happ arcade 4 way joystick and seperate fire button. How will I be able to do this? How will I be able to have both controllers run out of player one port from the console? Do I have to get that Electra Concepts Master Interface? I have so many other questions but maybe I should email someone individually and discuss it that way. Who would be the best person to talk with about this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks