IGNORED

Combat II and Haunted House Discontinued FOREVER!

ziggystar

Anyone purchased from Atari2600.com before?  I placed an order for some Combat2 action when I read this (had to jump at that last chance!) and it has been over two weeks since I placed the order, and no package at my door yet.  Order Tracking just says 'Completed and Processed' ...which doesn't lend me to the thought that it has been Shipped yet.

Atari2600.com usually ships really fast. Someone said that Joe was out of town this month (maybe CPUWIZ said it). Joe is reliable.

Anyone purchased from Atari2600.com before?  I placed an order for some Combat2 action when I read this (had to jump at that last chance!) and it has been over two weeks since I placed the order, and no package at my door yet.  Order Tracking just says 'Completed and Processed' ...which doesn't lend me to the thought that it has been Shipped yet.

Atari2600.com usually ships really fast. Someone said that Joe was out of town this month (maybe CPUWIZ said it). Joe is reliable.

Yes, he'll be back in business on Sep.30th ! :)

Yes, he'll be back in business on Sep.30th ! :)

This was also posted on his website in big letters too. ;)

Who cares about losing these great original games, at least French Atari is going to be bringing us such games as Canyon Bomber and Air-Sea Battle!

Now aren't we better off now that we've traded in our homebrews and repros for a repackaging of simulated old games which we already own? Aren't we better off now that bloated uncaring corporations are running the hobby instead of independent gamers and programmers? Well, aren't we?

The backlash draws ever closer . . .

Oh no, the backlash isn't even warm yet. Once we spread the word to the mainstream gamers, that's when the fun begins.

Independent underground anarchist game designers being oppressed by a corporation which dressed itself up as the Atari we used to love? That's a movement that even non-gamers can understand.

Ah, I didn't catch that on the site since I was preoccupied with hunting down the order tracking. Thanks, guys, for the heads-up. That's pretty much the sort of answer I was looking for, since I know dude's site is reputable on several levels and he comes by the forums often enough, but I haven't done business with him prior and figured something was up that I missed (and boy did I miss it).

Thanks again, and rock that backlash, but rock it gently, rock it slowly.

Oh no, the backlash isn't even warm yet. Once we spread the word to the mainstream gamers, that's when the fun begins.

Independent underground anarchist game designers being oppressed by a corporation which dressed itself up as the Atari we used to love? That's a movement that even non-gamers can understand.

Остановите Atari! Остановите тиранического изверга направляет разрушить наше хоббио и более добавочно отожмите наши людей. Остановите изверга от разрушать нашу дорогу жизни и нашу свободу, наш мир и наш сан!

(Stop Atari! Stop the tyrannical monster who aims to destroy our hobby and further depress our peoples. Stop the monster from destroying our way of life and our freedom, our peace and our dignity!)

post-2042-1096298476.jpg

For those of you who asked me or Gamerz why there are no ROM images on our site for NES and why there's no NES version of Atariage, this is why. There's not enough interest in the collecting world partly because there's no one doing anything new or creative in the world of the original NES, and no, those Gameboy re-releases are not what I consider new or interesting.

For those who've been wishing for the return of Atari, it looks like you got your wish. Everything down to the attempted monopoly of a specific part of the game industry, lawsuits and everything else associated with the original Atari. People tend to forget the negative and only remember the fondness when waxing nostalgic.

I can honestly say that I will not be buying anything put out by Inforgames, not just because of what's transpired recently, but because I'm not the type of person they're trying to target. I am a classic gaming collector, not someone looking for something that vaguely resembles what I played with as a kid so I can buy it for a friend as a novelty that'll get tossed aside in a few weeks. Maybe this company will come to their senses and realize that we're not their target audience, that we're not going to want a watered down reissue, that the sales of homebrews will not hurt their sales, and that their products won't be of interest to us. I doubt that will be the case, but I'm still holding some hope that Al can work out a deal with Infogrames.

Though if he had any of AA's products manufactured & sold from a country that doesn't need to honor US copyright, he wouldn't need to make a deal with the devil. That too is part of Atari history.

Silly me...I thought that Infogrames wanted to make products that people would take interest in! :P Apparently, it was just an ruse to secure the name...and use it in court.

History always repeats :roll:

I give them a deadpool figure of no more than a couple years. Pissing off your fan base isn't exactly a smart business move.

They cant even spell.Grames???Ok,I thought it was games.....Infogames :x :x Might as well spell Atari to Arati.Right MegaManFran?Good thing they dont have rights to wrestling games hmmm,like WrestleMrania.Well gotta get back to playing my PlayStration or XBrox or GameCrube.Arrrggghhh!!

They cant even spell.Grames???Ok,I thought it was games.....Infogames  :x  :x  Might as well spell Atari to Arati.Right MegaManFran?Good thing they dont have rights to wrestling games hmmm,like WrestleMrania.Well gotta get back to playing my PlayStration or XBrox or GameCrube.Arrrggghhh!!

InFROGrames...get it? It's a French company.

I think this is the work of the French though. They're pissed off about Iraq, so Infogrames changed their name to Atari to avenge folks who otherwise have little to do with decision making in regards to war. :ponder:

InFROGrames...get it?  It's a French company.

I think this is the work of the French though. They're pissed off about Iraq, so Infogrames changed their name to Atari to avenge folks who otherwise have little to do with decision making in regards to war.  :ponder:

Wow.

So let's check the halftime score.

We have ethnic slurs, political agenda theories worthy of Art Bell, and insinuations that there's a mole in our midst.

If this is the best we can do, we'd all better take up crochet, because this hobby is dead. If they do have someone keeping an eye on AA, I doubt this anti-French sentiment will impress them at all.

I'm going to fall back on an old refrain: maybe it's best to chill out and wait until we know what the Als know. Albert has said that no cease & desist letters have come from Atari, but evidently some kind of contact has been made and is ongoing. Perhaps he's inquiring with Atari about what it would take to get the hacks back in business.

The point is, we don't know what's going on behind the scenes. And some folks are filling that vacuum of information with speculation and hysteria. And if you guys are really worried that someone from Atari is watching...wouldn't you rather put on a better face that won't sour them to the hardcore minority that we represent? The fact that AtariAge hasn't been sued outright would seem to indicate that there's some attempt at a civil dialogue going on among the powers that be. Which is a damn sight more than I can say for what's being said in here.

Relax. Wait. There's no product for you to boycott yet. Let's see what's going to happen before we go off half-cocked.

I feel like a broken record, because I'm sure I've said all this before.

I can tell from the tone of your voice, Dave, that you're upset.  Why don't you take a stress pill and get some rest?

I think this is the work of the French though. They're pissed off about Iraq, so Infogrames changed their name to Atari to avenge folks who otherwise have little to do with decision making in regards to war.  :ponder:

Sorry, but IMO this statement is a joke. And not even funny. :thumbsdown:

A comment like that is just what pdf was talking about. let's leave the bashing out of this until we know what's going on so this topic isn't closed, shall we?