IGNORED

What new TV games would you like to see?

They have to release a spinner direct to TV game.

The line up would be the standard pong titles... breakout... also some fancy version of breakout like Arknoid....

Maybe some car games along the lines of Sprintmaster.... And of course the grand daddy of all spinner games... TEMPEST!

Hell I'd buy it if it just included Tempest and no other games!

Also how bout a direct to TV Exidy gun!!

All the classic would be available

Crossbow

Chiller

Cheyenne

WhoDunit

Now I know I'd snag one of those.

This just might be the ticket.

joystickfront.gif

The full 30 game list can be found in this PDF file.

Ok, I have clearly died and gone to Heaven. A C64 all-in-one, in a Competition Pro style controller,

with Impossible Mission, Summer, Winter, California, and World Games, Pitstop II and Paradroid?

Not that I don't have the disks of all those things and a C64, but having some of my favorite games

ever to carry around in a joystick? With no load times? This is too good to be true. :)

It says October 04, but there's no info in the Where to Buy section... anyone got any more info on that?

(Somehow I doubt it, but if the thing were to exist before October 10th, I could give one to my husband for

his birthday... I think he might have a heart attack of happiness just for Paradroid.)

• 1 month later...

I found some more information on the Commodore 64 Direct-to-TV joystick game on the Usenet newsgroup rec.games.video.classic. For more information, click here to read the Usenet posting.

The 30 game list appears to have been altered a bit. Here's what the final list of games that this product is supposed to have: Championship Wrestling, Cyberdyne Warrior, Cybernoid, Cybernoid II, Eliminator, Excelon, Firelord, Gateway to Apshai, Impossible Mission, Impossible Mission II, Jumpman Jr., Paradroid, Pitstop, Pitstop II, Ranarama, Silicon Warrior, Speedball, Summer Games, Supercycle, Sword of Fargoal, Tower Toppler, Uridium, Winter Games, World Karate Championship A, World Karate Championship B, Zynaps, (games split out from others) bull-riding, flying disc, sumo-wrestling, and surfing.

The cable TV shopping channel QVC is said to have exclusive rights to this product until the end of the year. They'll begin selling the units on November 26, and it will be a "Today's Special Value" for that day. The estimated price is $25, although QVC may set its own price.

The unit supports 256 colors (as opposed to 16 on a "real" Commodore 64), and can be hacked so that a disk drive and a PC keyboard could be connected. Click here if you want to see some photos.

In closing, here's a really interesting coincidence that I'd like to point out. The current address of QVC's headquarters just happens to be the same as the address of Commodore's headquarters many years ago. :)

Wind-up Big Screen Blip . . . **drool**

But, no, seriously, I'd have to say a Capcom stick (maybe flight yoke-shaped) with the 194x games on it would be my favorite . . .

Or a Bally-Sente one with Hat Trick/Snacks'N Jaxson/Chicken Shift/etc. . .

And a big third to the Exidy gun . . . Hell, I'd buy one that just had Crossbow in it if it were actually crossbow-shaped,

I would like to see some newer arcade games. Like Ghosts'n Goblins... yeah, I would be completely happy with just GnG  :D  

Ghosts 'n' Goblins is like an acquired taste kind of game, IMO.

Would like to see a Smurf-related TV Games unit, even if it's only released in Europe.

I'd love an all-in-one stick where you could choose your own games to put on it, rather than seeing the same old stuff (Namco Museum, Yars' Revenge) again and again.

I'd love an all-in-one Atari Jaguar machine with nothing but Tempest 2000, Defender 2000, and a third title ... maybe Missile Command 3D or Raiden.

A spinner or trackball arcade unit would be terrific if it were well-made.

Most of all, I'd love to see Atari Anthology for the GBA using the Activision Anthology engine. Then I'd like to see the entire Atari Lynx catalog on the Nintendo DS. For free, with my name in the credits.