IGNORED

Just Another Chapter for the Collection Story...

maxwellsmartagent99

Hello lads, I just wanted to relate a feelgood story for whomever takes the time to read this. The good: On a lark, I swung by my local thrift store for my weekly disappointment (yes, the battered wife 'keep coming back for more' analogy was ringing in my head whilst milling around the store) and then...I spotted a boxed Wintergames sitting on the shelf (I know, I know. Ho Hum) but I figured that it looked suspicious since the transparent wrapping was still on it. I turned the corner to go to the next aisle and they were: a whole stack of Wintergames and Summergames sitting there unopened with the wrapping still on!!! I scooped them all up, did the obligatory once over of the rest of the store, harassed the staff (to no avail), and made off with the goods! In total, I got 12 unopened Summergames and 9 unopened Wintergames. Even better, the innocents were kind enough to throw .75 cent price tags on all of them. For approx. 15 bucks (Canadian dollars no less!) I had the best day of hunting in a long time. I'm sure there are better war-stories out there but this one was just what I needed to keep going back for more...it's the scars on the inside that never heal Thanks for reading.

quote:

Originally posted by maxwellsmartagent99:

Hello lads, I just wanted to relate a feelgood story for whomever takes the time to read this. The good: On a lark, I swung by my local thrift store for my weekly disappointment

This is the attitude I usually take with me to the thrift stores and flea markets... lately I've been pretty lucky though. The thrift store near my university brought me a boxed copy of Star Raiders (with manual, keypad and overlay), and boxed copies of Armor Ambush, Super Action Football, and Astroblast (No manuals unfortunately ). I also got an Atari 2600 Jr for $2, and the power supply for $4 (Why is the adaptor always more expensive???).

Strange that you'd find so many of the same game there... I wonder who brought that in for them. They must have thought you were pretty weird to buy all of them like that I always get weird looks when I buy mass amounts of Atari stuff too...

--Zero

My collection got a kick in the pants this week. I found a store in nearby Indiana that buys old Atari stuff from people. They had a working VCS and several non-working ones, plus about 25 games. Most of the games are pretty worn (i.e. Frostbite actually looks worse than the one here on Atariage, its green!), but I did pick up the "Raiders Lost Ark" Raiders cart and that stupid PAL Solaris I'm trying to get answers about in my other thread. I also got Mario Bros. and Combat (I had to take it with the VCS, to make matters worse, its the Sears). Needless to say this is the biggest haul I've ever made. They have a couple others I might go back and get. Of course, now I have the itch....I must find more.....