IGNORED

Dragster on Activision GBA cart

Cassidy Nolen

5.97 is in the house! Woo Hoo! Thanks everybody! The tips made a BIG difference. Got that time on the GBA, and cant break 6.11 yet on real hardware.

I really do not know why I got so obsessed with this game. Even grabbed the cart and tried it on hardware (cart was dead, had to disassemble and resolder the rom).

Groovy :)

Cassidy

5.97 is in the house!  Woo Hoo!  Thanks everybody!  The tips made a BIG difference.  Got that time on the GBA, and cant break 6.11 yet on real hardware.

I'm just the opposite. I got my 5.97 on hardware but can't even come close to touching it on the GBA.

If your goal is just to get the GBA patch then don't even worry about all those tips we gave out in the Dragster world record thread. Those tipa are for getting extremely LOW scores.

It should be extremely easy to get 5.9x. Just get a great start on the clock and skip 1st gear altogether. Rev 2nd and 3rd gear just to the top of the GREEN line on the tach without EVER letting off the accelerator. Shift into 4th and try to pop 5-6 quick/crisp wheelies(but let the front wheels touch the ground before each consecutive wheelie). This should score in the 5's blindfolded and one handed. :sad: ;)

Yeah, after a couple times playing decathlon on the SP, I completely agree with you there.

decathalon was a pain in the ass on the SP, but still completely doable. The trick is to use the L and R buttons, and to realise that you can hold down the L button, and just pound on the R button. I guess the original code never checks for the possibility of having the stick pushed left and right at the same time, since on a real joystick, that's impossible.

Of course, playing on a real 2600, decathalon completely kicks my butt.