IGNORED

Activition handheld

mvigor

Has anyone seen this in stores yet? I emailed the company producing this a while back and was informed that it would be in stores at the end of October. $19.99 for 10 Activision games and the ease of A/V input seems well worth the cost(only $2 a game). I hope this sells well enough to warrent additional versions, perhaps, some sort of paddle version to play paddle games(KaBoom)? Do you think this would be possible? Did Activision even make enough games that used paddles to justify a special version of this product? Sorry to ask so many questions, but, I am excited by this product and wish to stir up a discussion. Any ideas or comments?

Well, I pre-ordered mine online from Electronic's Boutique and it shipped out late last night. I'll probably get it on Monday. As soon as I play with it I'll post a review to this thread. I have a feeling that this is going to be a fully functional 2600 (albiet very modified) with no cartridge port. However there is also a chance that these games are going to be re-makes of the 2600 titles running on a newer non-2600-compatible piece of hardware.

If someone finds one of these in a store this weekend, please let us know what it's like. The questions in my mind are:

1. Is this an NTSC TV-Boy?

2. Are the games the 2600 versions?

3. How do you select a game, menu software?

4. Will there be full instructions for each of the 10 games included?

5. Will the games be limited to the 2K and 4K games, or will they "go all out" and include some 8K games as well?

If the games DO seem to be true to their 2600 brothers, I'll be in contact with Randy or Sean or someone trying to get my unit modified to contain as many games as the menu software can handle. THAT would be cool.

-Matt

quote:

Originally posted by CosmicJoke:

I hope this sells well enough to warrent additional versions, perhaps, some sort of paddle version to play paddle games(KaBoom)? Do you think this would be possible? Did Activision even make enough games that used paddles to justify a special version of this product?

According to this%20page,%20the%20only%20Activision%20game%20to%20use%20the%20paddle%20controllers%20is%20Kaboom!%20%20Unfortunately%20I%20don't%20think%20you'll%20see%20a%20version%20of%20this%20with%20a%20paddle%20controller%20anytime%20soon.%20%20However,%20there's%20always%20the%20VCSp, which has a paddle controller biult in.

..Al

I would love to have a VCSp, but, unfortunately it is cost prohibitive. I guess I could skip paying rent for a month or two. Of course, I wouldn't have a place to live Hopefully, someone will be able to answer Matthew Vigor's questions from above.

[ 10-25-2001: Message edited by: CosmicJoke ]