IGNORED

AtariAge V.S. Godzilla

Elvis8Atari

I love Atariage. When I sign on the internet I take care of my daily activities like checking my E-mail and working on my webpage. Unless I'm in a rush I can never sign offline without checking the new posts and articles atariage has to offer. Atari is a symbol of everything that is decent in the world. Even when I was three years old I would turn on my Atari 2600 and play games like Spiderman, Pitfall, Pac-Man, Breakout, Frogs and Flies, Maze Craze, Dig Dug and many,many more. Even when I was little I loved Atari and knew it was something special. I mean I'm not sitting here writing about genesis or playstation or even Commodore 64..It's Atari. It has been Atari and always will be. In a few weeks Nintendo Gamecube comes out. I will be one of the first people in line to buy it. I am a giant video game lover. I love Neo-Geo, Turbo Graphics 16, SNES, Genesis, Gameboy advance, Intellivision and all the rest. My point is that out of all these systems only one remains truely special in my heart. Atari. Sure it had crappy graphics. Alot of the games had annoying sounds and bad controls. But I'll be damned if its simplicity doesn't make it the greatest system ever created. If Atari got in a fight with Playstation 2 who would win? Well, PS2 would kick ataris ass in graphics sounds and many other areas. But the one thing atari has that ps2, dreamcast, n64 ext.. really don't is heart. Atari would win in a fight against anyone. Atari would win against Freaking Mothra! Yars revenge would kick Godzillas ASS! LONG LIVE ATARI! and long live this site for keeping atari alive!

Sincerely,

Mike Matei

Have YOU played atari today?????

A total echo of what Elvis8atari just said. This is the absolute total best. And Atariage is the best forum for anything Atari. And this message board is the best online community of people I ever been a part of.

Everything is coming up Atari and life is good, Stan

Ah yes, but doesn't nostalgia come from the heart?

(I mean technically nostalgia is like everything else, its a chemical reaction stimulated by electrical activity in the brain. but it falls in to the "emotion" category, and not the "Logic" catergory, right?)

Around my place, the 2600 sees the same play as all the modern systems. I think its funny how many games "rip" the gameplay off of 2600 games.

The play and enjoy/challenge factor should be what dictates who is on top, and I think our beloved classic can compete with the big dogs of today anytime.

Just as a question, was there ever a re-release of Kaboom on a newer system? Never seen one, just wondered.

Cassidy

I'd like to see a Godzilla game on the 2600! It's a damn shame nobody ever released one. Guess I'll have to settle for the "boy, we sure bit off more than we could chew" 2600 translation of Rampage...

Also, it seemed like Activision planned to revive River Raid, Pitfall, and Kaboom! on the Super NES back in 1993. Of course, only Pitfall was released, but I could have sworn that I saw pictures of River Raid... it looked like an altered version of Thunderbirds Are Go on the Super Famicom. Hey, Ken @ Activision, do you know anything about this?

JR

quote:

Originally posted by Jess Ragan:

I'd like to see a Godzilla game on the 2600! It's a damn shame nobody ever released one.

There's "King Kong" by Tigervision. But don't get your hopes up... it's a crappy Donkey Kong ripoff. But considering the quality (or lack thereof) of the VCS version of Donkey Kong, you may not think it's that crappy.

--Zero

Dear Cassidy

Around my place Atari 2600 gets played just as much as nintendo, genesis, playstation or any of the newer systems. As to your question..There were alot of other versions of Kaboom. Although I believe the original to be the only one worth playing some of the other incarnations have interseting features to them. If you would like to learn more about Kaboom visit my website Kaboom Online. www.geocities.com/elvis8atari