IGNORED

My great Atari 5200 wish list!

Allan

Hi there!

I couldn't imagine what you could do with 4 megabytes.

Day of the Tentacle.

Greetings,

Manuel

Would this really be possible on the 5200? Isn't this a graphics text adventure like the Scott Adams games?

Allan

post-187-1097103755_thumb.jpg

Hi there!

Day of the Tentacle.
Would this really be possible on the 5200? Isn't this a graphics text adventure like the Scott Adams games?

No text adventure. It's from Lucasarts, a graphic adventure like Zak McKracken or Monkey Island. The PC disk version was some 10MB, but it has a higher resolution (640*480*256) than a 5200 port would have. Scaled down to ANTIC resolution it might just fit into a 4MB cartridge...

Greetings,

Manuel

Hi there!

Day of the Tentacle.

No text adventure. It's from Lucasarts, a graphic adventure like Zak McKracken or Monkey Island. The PC disk version was some 10MB, but it has a higher resolution (640*480*256) than a 5200 port would have. Scaled down to ANTIC resolution it might just fit into a 4MB cartridge...

Greetings,

Manuel

So it's an adventure game that uses menus to make all the decisions? Cool. I've never play Zak or Monkey Island. Sounds doable. I just wish it wasn't be Lucasarts. The programmer would have to come up with a different storyline and graphics if they wanted to sell it.

Allan