IGNORED

The Atari 5200 Label Thread!

Allan

EXCLUSIVELY for the Atari 5200 Supersystem!

From the same people who brought you E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial for the 2600 comes...

post-9542-1178131454_thumb.jpg

Who wants one?

I don't know what got into my head, but the thought of an Ishtar cart made me laugh. I was inspired by all of the other incredible artists doing carts/labels on here so I tried my hand at a few yesterday and this one today. I'm still struggling with my art program. It's really old, likes to crash a lot, and doesn't do text (especially if you have to resize it) very well. Maybe it's time to break down and buy a decent one.

-Kevan

PS - A big "THANKS" to all the other people on here for sharing their creations. I've REALLY enjoyed them...and keep 'em coming if possible!

Edited by lintwarp
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Another label I made last night. Now if I could only get someone to convert the rom to work on a real cartridge. ;)

Is there a problem with the version I converted?

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=90206

I downloaded when you posted it and tried it on my multicart. It didn't work and I thought there was something wrong with it. I recently tried it again and realized you just need to split it up and then double it to get it to work on a real 5200 like some of the other 5200 games. I just need to find the 'how to' I had a while ago and convert it in Terminal (OS X).

Allan

Another label I made last night. Now if I could only get someone to convert the rom to work on a real cartridge. ;)

I downloaded when you posted it and tried it on my multicart. It didn't work and I thought there was something wrong with it. I recently tried it again and realized you just need to split it up and then double it to get it to work on a real 5200 like some of the other 5200 games. I just need to find the 'how to' I had a while ago and convert it in Terminal (OS X).

Allan

I would think something like this would work to double up the ROM to 32K

cat orig.rom orig.rom > big.rom

Allan

I would think something like this would work to double up the ROM to 32K

cat orig.rom orig.rom > big.rom

I tried doubling it and also splitting it in half and doubling each half and I get the same results in the emulators as well as on the real 5200. Is there another configuration the roms can be in?

Allan

I tried doubling it and also splitting it in half and doubling each half and I get the same results in the emulators as well as on the real 5200. Is there another configuration the roms can be in?

Allan

Simply doubling it worked for me on real hardware.

TimeRunner32k.bin

-Jeff

Thanks Jeff, that's it.

The only thing I can think of is that the bin I have is corrupt.

Allan

There's a really nice blaster label right in this thread.

I know. I think the various ones I've seen are pretty neat.

It's just that the computer Star Raiders graphic (which you currently use for your avatar) and the Stargate graphic are personal faves. And I'm inept with graphic programs.

If anyone wants to create one like that, my Blaster cart is in need of a label. If not, it's no big deal and certainly no attempt to denigrate the others which various people have made.

It's just that the computer Star Raiders graphic (which you currently use for your avatar) and the Stargate graphic are personal faves. And I'm inept with graphic programs.

If anyone wants to create one like that, my Blaster cart is in need of a label. If not, it's no big deal and certainly no attempt to denigrate the others which various people have made.

Oh, I see now. I'll try to make something up with the two of them when I get some more free time.

Allan

Oh, I see now. I'll try to make something up with the two of them when I get some more free time.

Allan

Here you go. Hopefully it's O.K.

Allan

post-187-1195785627_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...