IGNORED

The Atari 5200 Label Thread!

Allan

• 2 weeks later...

Allan I liked the way you make labels. Maybe you could help me out I have a label that is coming out soon, how much do you charge?

If you're refuring to me, my labels were only simple low-res mock-ups. Atariboy2600's labels are the really great high-res ones.(I wish he'd do more 5200 ones.) :) I tend to like the labels that are in the style of the originals. Many of the new homebrews have their own style which most are are great, but my personal taste is the original style.

Allan

• 1 month later...

Nice work as always, but don't you think that the background on Crystal Castles would be better off in blue, in keeping with typical Atari color schemes of the period?

The red is from the CC ads that were in a lot of the computer and game magazines. It wouldn't look right with blue anyways because of the color of the lettering.

Allan

• 3 weeks later...

Nice!

But the Millipede has graphics too low, when you crop it, it chops off the guy. Nice work though.

It actually works out well that way for printing. With the bleed area, the printing on some labels can be off, so if you have it where the graphics end at where the physical label is only supposed to be, you might get some blank space where the graphic should be.

BTW, Great work guys, glad to see the template being used. I have posted a Paint.Net version of the 2600 template on my site for those who don't have (and don't want to invest into ) Photoshop. Another user has made his own 2600 template using graphics from my original in Photoshop 7 which should be compatible with Gimp and other systems that read earlier Photoshop files that supports layers. Hopefully we will see him post his template soon.

Corey