IGNORED

Hardest-to-find Activision game?

atarimind

Hey world,

I was wondering which do you think is the hardest Activision game to find/ buy (NTSC)? Based on the atariage rank, it should be River Raid II, but I am having a lot of problems in getting a copy of Cosmic Commuter.

From hardest to easiest, these are the top three for me:

1) Cosmic Commuter

2) River Raid II

3) Double Dragon

What do you think?

Sometimes when people post things, I don't know if they are joking or don't know what is being talked about.

CIB = complete in box

Anyway, I can't say which I think is the hardest. I have 2 different Commandos, Cosmic Commuter I have loose. I got RR II and HERO boxed. Can't remember if my Beamrider is boxed or not. Private Eye is not that easy to get either. Also, I'd throw in Rampage, since I've only had one of those in my life too.

All of the above I've never come across more than one except for Commando, which I have 2 different labels.

Phil

I still have yet to see any Bridge, Checkers, or Fishing Derby in the wild. I would bet that it is indeed a regional thing because those are supposed to be really common.

I've got a loose Private Eye cart for anyone who can trade it for a loose NTSC 7800 Commando cart. :D

Rampage was the last Activision game I acquired to complete my US Activision collection. However, I would tend to agree with CPUWIZ. Cosmic Commuter is definitely the hardest to find CIB. Loose is harder to determine, but I would lean toward RR2 too.

A store near me has a whole stack of sealed Double Dragons so it's not that. :)

I still have yet to see any Bridge, Checkers, or Fishing Derby in the wild. I would bet that it is indeed a regional thing because those are supposed to be really common.

Fishing Derby I've come across many many times. In fact I have a few in stock. Bridge I've come across a couple of times, probably 3-4 over my buying career. Checkers is a lot tougher, though I think I've pulled in 3 of those too.

All are available from my website. :)

Phil

I just finished my loose Activision collection last week. Rampage was the last one I needed; before that, I found River Raid II sealed in a game specialty store, and before that I found Double Dragon sealed in a store that didn't realize what it had. Regardless, I've been collecting for 10 years and in New York, I've never seen Rampage, Beamrider or Commando in the wild; I had to get 'em off ebay.