IGNORED

Hardest-to-find Activision game?

atarimind

Out of curiosity, I just checked eBay for the four titles I am missing, and here is what I came up with: (NTSC only)

River Raid II - NONE

Cosmic Commuter - NONE

Double Dragon - 1 (starting bid $24.99, loose!!!!!!!!)

Rampage - 1 (Used, and Seriously Actiplaqued)

I was lucky enough to get Beamrider, and Private Eye at PhillyClassic, but from what I gather they are equally as difficult.

Out of curiosity, I just checked eBay for the four titles I am missing, and here is what I came up with: (NTSC only)

I picked that one up. I've now completed my Activision collection (picked up Double Dragon from povlok earlier)

I grabbed my Double Dragon in a lot with some other common games. Got it pretty cheap. The one I'm after the most is Rampage, though I'm not hitting the ebay route just yet. I've had a rather good streak of finding games in the rarity 4-6 range lately.

I have a loose River Raid II I want to sell, got no offers when I posted it in marketplace, though. If anyone's interested, PM me.

I picked that one up. I've now completed my Activision collection (picked up Double Dragon from povlok earlier)

Congratulations on finishing your collection!!! I'm hoping to join you in the "Complete Activision" ranks by the end of the year.

I was lucky enough to get Beamrider, and Private Eye at PhillyClassic, but from what I gather they are equally as difficult.

Private Eye is a non-linear game where you drive around a city looking for clues to solve a crime. The problem is with wonky controls, having a difficult time figuring out where everything is, and too little time.

Beamrider is good, I've had that since I was a kid, and it was one of the few games my dad enjoyed watching me play. It is tough, but it's mighty fun. One warning, when you see a light green triangle-shaped thingy, DON'T shoot it! Collect it, it's worth an extra ship, and you need every extra life you can get!

Private Eye is a non-linear game where you drive around a city looking for clues to solve a crime. The problem is with wonky controls, having a difficult time figuring out where everything is, and too little time.

Beamrider is good, I've had that since I was a kid, and it was one of the few games my dad enjoyed watching me play. It is tough, but it's mighty fun. One warning, when you see a light green triangle-shaped thingy, DON'T shoot it! Collect it, it's worth an extra ship, and you need every extra life you can get!

Umm. . . my bad. . . I meant they were equally dificult to "locate" as the other four titles I mentioned, I wasn't referring to gameplay. ;) Beamrider is a challenging but fun game. . . Private Eye I found to be ridiculously easy. Those extra lives are SOOOOOO key in Beamrider. When I started playing I was blasting the heck out of those, then I finnaly read the instructions!! :D Sometimes actually reading the instruction maunal pays off. :P

The hardest of all would be the Activision foam. :D  I have not found one in the wild

I have to concur. I'm complete on Activision but still own no foam inserts.

pfft. Foam? We're counting foam now?!

I'd cast my vote for Activision Patches & Newsletters personally. :razz:

Of the carts, I've found all but 4 carts in the wild:

Cosmic Commuter

Double Dragon

Private Eye

River Raid II

I may of found a copy of River Raid II as well, but I'm not quite sure anymore, it may of came from ebay. Rampage I found locally, but it is quite scarce. Doesn't surprise me that it is on alot of people's want lists.

I don't take into count LVAR, which I know there are several of, I've got a few right now, but I don't collect for them. I save the best condition of the two when it comes to that. And in the case of picture vs text, I prefer to save the picture labels. So on boxed games, I sometimes mix them up with the wrong carts inside. :ponder: :P

But as far as the foam carts go, I thought that was for the original 12 releases, most of the older ones, & if you collect for boxes too, the ones that have the black bar in lower right corner. These were the oldest releases, and something Activision started with but eventually discontinued. I've found a couple types of foam, one turns to crap & should be removed if you plan to play it, one seems fine inside & I have 2 or 3 left in. But I don't think these are all that rare, if you are interested in the cart style, there are 2 tiny hooks inside that help hold the foam in, find a cart with those hooks & you have the foam version. ;)

Back to boxes, I own two distinct versions of Ghostbusters. One has the highlighted/glowing title on spine, one is plain white on black. The size is what caught me though, as one is clearly larger, much like the Activision boxes released for 5200 of HERO, Decathlon, Zenji, etc. It's actually the only 2600 box in a wider variation that I've come across. I typically don't do box variations, but when the two are side by side on shelf it is still noticable, where as with most 1st year to later box variations, you wouldn't even know from a shelf what the difference is. I think the fish on the side of Fishing Derby are a little larger on one, and slightly longer, but for most variations it's almost not seen unless you pull out. Now which version of Ghostbusters box is more common/rare?

Rampage was the last Activision game I acquired to complete my US Activision collection. However, I would tend to agree with CPUWIZ. Cosmic Commuter is definitely the hardest to find CIB. Loose is harder to determine, but I would lean toward RR2 too.

A store near me has a whole stack of sealed Double Dragons so it's not that.  :)

Dude! Where is that? I need a Double Dragon.

Rampage was the last Activision game I acquired to complete my US Activision collection. However, I would tend to agree with CPUWIZ. Cosmic Commuter is definitely the hardest to find CIB. Loose is harder to determine, but I would lean toward RR2 too.

A store near me has a whole stack of sealed Double Dragons so it's not that.  :)

Dude! Where is that? I need a Double Dragon.

I second that!! Where is it???? How much???? I could go for a copy myself!!! :D