IGNORED

2600 alternative demo

mika

Very cool!  It's using my music driver.  :)  Anyone know who did this??

hi

we used a version with two small changes:

- restart position of the tune can be set to something other than measure 0 (this was needed for the intro part which should be played only once).

- i added some fractional adding code, so that the music runs at the same speed on pal and ntsc machines (tv type is switchable with the bw/color switch, but i forgot to mention that in the .nfo file).

decybel who made the music even wrote an own editor. he might release it some day. i'll release the source code of the intro aswell, but the source tree is in quite a messy state and i'd like to clean it up first. don't expect anything special anyway. the code is very simple.

i even brought my 2600 to the party, but the video mixer they used had problems with the 2600's signal, so the intro was shown on z26 instead.

What's the MSInfo document?
I wish I had edit! I tryed it out, this is AMAZING! Waving text, checkerboard scroll, and a signwave scroll, this is amazing.

Best of all... it works with both a modded and vanilla Supercharger!

This is a really nice way to test if your TV accepts PAL without scrolling, mine does (colors are off). MUST SEE MORE DEMOS! :D

- restart position of the tune can be set to something other than measure 0 (this was needed for the intro part which should be played only once).

- i added some fractional adding code, so that the music runs at the same speed on pal and ntsc machines (tv type is switchable with the bw/color switch, but i forgot to mention that in the .nfo file).

I've got my own versions of the driver with those mods as well. :)

decybel who made the music even wrote an own editor. he might release it some day.

I hope so! 3 people are now working on front ends, but nobody's released one yet. Could you private message me his email address? I have a lot of requests for 2600 game/demo music, but rarely have time. Maybe he'd be interested in doing music for other demos/games?

-paul