IGNORED

Know what I love about Atari Age?

Jess Ragan

All the box scans. I was really young around the time these games came out, and I love being able to see the boxes again, or in some cases for the first time. It's like my daily dose of early 80's nostalgia.

Furthermore, some of that artwork is really well done. Man, I wish Crypts of Chaos had been as exciting as the box art...

JR

You know what I really like about AtariAge? It's just like the "Cheers" theme song goes,

"Sometimes you want to go

Where everybody knows your name...

And they're always glad you came..."

And new members are always welcome. That's what I like about AtariAge.

Its wierd, this place gives me a great sense of nostalgia. Wierd because as a kid I never had an Atari, or any console in fact. In the UK they were just too damn expensive - we all had Sinclair zx81s and ZX Spectrums (timex 1000 and 2000's to you US chaps). But I remember longing for one and seeing the ads in the press. there was this great ad - "Hey, I'll swap 6 of my games for one of your Activision" - "No way"

And I wouldnt swap my copy of Pitfall for anything

Lemme see what I like about this site:

The fact that its structure is simple and well organized, that it's easy to find what you're looking for, that now that the size of the site has definitely increased, we'll be able to read the actual manuals, not an ASCII version...

Now, I just hope that Infogrames will continue letting this site just be. *keeping fingers crossed*

I'll second the nostalgia factor. Its hard to believe that the Atari 2600 could have affected so many young people the way it did. I stress the 2600 because even tho we all had access to Colecovision, Odyssey, Intelivision, Vetrex, Hell even the 5200.... The fondest video gaming memories involve the 2600. I can remember literally spending hours and hours of play time daily on the 2600. Thats not to say my friends and I didnt do or go anywhere else...But Atari always played a daily role in what we did. One quick game before we leave. I think thats why this site is great. You get the chance to interact with other Atari-holics.

Just a reference as to how much the 2600 has touched everybody here. Check out the # of posts to the 2600 forum as opposed to the others!!

I like the fact that the page is constantly being updated. Too many Atari pages are the same thing over and over. I also really love that the 7800 manuals are now online. Finally, this message board kicks ass. Everyone is really friendly and willing to help each other.

It does bring back great memories, but there's more to these games than nostalgia.

I had never heard of Enduro before I read all these rave reviews of it on the internet last year. So I played it, and was blown away. How can I be nostalgic about a game I never played at the time?

These games were good, end of story.

What i love about atariage.com is that it has the word ATARI in it

and when you post on a certain subject and it goes off the subject for 5 posts or so that there isnt a moderator that locks/splits the post into 2 different posts(ive been on 2 other game boards that if you post off topic 2 times you get a warning and they lock/split topics that get alittle off subject)

the people that post here are nice and helpful and the Admin's get into the posting with info and links to help people out and have made such a GREAT web site that everyone can enjoy

I think my signature says how i feel

I like the enthusiasm for the Atari (and classic gaming in general) that people show here. It's sometimes difficult to find like-minded individuals passionate about niche hobbies. Few of my friends appreciate classic games and I am certain none still have their 2600 hooked up to a TV and playable.

This is also a rather friendly community. Unlike many listservs in which flame wars erupt on a regular basis, most everyone here is nice, polite, humorous, and not out to be negative.

The news on classic gaming material is complete and timely. I know I can come here to find out what I want to know.

I also like seeing the regions everyone hails from... particularly to see how many members there are from Michigan.

1. The amount of content keeps you busy 24/7.. forget sleep when you have atariage

2. The people are all nice and friendly, as are the admins, i refer tot he admins as the people becuase unlike other boards they actually post and joke around just like people not robots.

3. The avatars.. mixes my love for the box / pixel art into the boards

4. Im not the worst speller!

5. Seeing as how im off topic so much I can actually survive and not get banned here

6. Easy to navigate

7. The unkwon avatar

i first found Atari age whilst searching for a rarity guide, i had recently purchased Gas Hog and found at the time it was rarity 9 (why is it 8?) i freaked out!!! i jumped around screaming, "I GOT A RARITY 9 FOR A DOLLAR!!!! AHHHHH!!!! YEAH!!!!!" well you get the idea. anyways when i went to the message board, i was a little not liked a little at the start (for reasons that stan knows) but after i said sorry and changed what was unliked (which it only made sence to do i wasn't thinking), i was welcomed and now feel an important part of the Atari community. (i mean cmon, you guys would miss my right?) Well thats what ive to say for now, long live atariage!