IGNORED

has anyone dealt with Happ controls?

spongebue

I'm looking for some buttons for arcades (not for an arcade, though) and found some good ones at happcontrols.com. The problem is, I am having trouble finding out how reliable they are, and am a little nervous since you need to give your credit card before they give the shipping charges. That brings me here. I'm wondering if anyone has dealt with this comany, and, if so, how their service is. If it's not good, could someone send me a link to a good dealer? Thanks.

What about shipping charges?  Do they really nail you there?  You need to put your credit card info and everything in before they tell you how much shipping is  :x

Happ is a very reputiable company, you shouldn't have any problem with them. It's been a long time since I have ordered from them, but I would image it would give you a chance to confirm the final price with shipping before you submit the order.

Dan

I'm looking for some buttons for arcades (not for an arcade, though) and found some good ones at happcontrols.com.  The problem is, I am having trouble finding out how reliable they are, and am a little nervous since you need to give your credit card before they give the shipping charges.  That brings me here.  I'm wondering if anyone has dealt with this comany, and, if so, how their service is.  If it's not good, could someone send me a link to a good dealer?  Thanks.

I have a few spare Happ arcade pushbuttons (w/ the necessary cherry microswitches) from my completed Supergun project.

How many do you need?

I have a few spare Happ arcade pushbuttons (w/ the necessary cherry microswitches) from my completed Supergun project.  

How many do you need?

2, but because I have limited space, I need some certain ones. They are here and here (the latter being type "B")

If you happen to have any of those that you could spare, let me know. I'd appreciate it much :)

How many do you need?

2, but because I have limited space, I need some certain ones. They are here and here (the latter being type "B")

If you happen to have any of those that you could spare, let me know. I'd appreciate it much :)

Ah...so you're after the shallow mount version of the arcade pushbutton. Let me double check my parts box tonight.

For certain, I know I don't have the "type B" square button you're after.

I've dealt with Happ many times over the years, they are great on the phone to help out with questions and they ship very quickly and if a part is back ordered I many times got a phone call letting me know my order was going out and the remaining part(s) would ship once they were in and with an estimated time.

Curt

Well, I checked my parts box and found 4 older Happ Leaf Switch buttons (all white in color). They look something like this:

leafwood.jpg

Leaf Switch buttons are the older style that older 1980's era games used before Happ swtiched to the more modern cherry switch design. The 4 I have were salvaged from some old coin-op and have a little bit of leftover solder on them (easy to remove, but convenient for quick wire connection).

You can find more parts and info at this website: www.therealbobroberts.com

This guy is top notch...he supplied me with a bunch of parts for my Supergun RGB-to-NTSC convertor project.

Happs are reliable and they do have everything, but they are pretty expensive and will definitely ding you on the shipping charges. Try this guy:

http://www.dameon.net/BBBB/siteindex.html

He has pretty much everything that Happs has, but his prices are far more reasonable, I belive he only charges actual shipping as well. The only drawback is that he doesn't take credit cards, paypal or any other type of online payment. You email him your order, he gets back with you (almost always on the same day) with the total including shipping, and you have to mail him a check or MO. Even with this extra step he's still really fast getting orders out. I've purchased parts from him several times and can't say enough good things about his service.

-S

• 2 weeks later...

ordered on Saturday night, pulled Monday, shipped Tuesday, I'm pretty sure. Shipping wasn't terrible either, at $5 for both parts combined. Thankfully they were all in stock :)

I'll probably use them again if I need to for some reason.